Quantcast

Second and final addition to my clan.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Wife is preggo. Found out it's another boy this weekend. The second mini-me is due June 1. It seems so long ago already that we had the first one. He will be almost three. Insanity I tell you. Insanity.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Congrats

Start slipping crack and HGH into the wife's Cheerios late in the third trimester. Makes for the best fighting crack baby.

Wife should also stick to a raw meat diet, strengthens the blood-lust.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Congrats.

After having my grandson (2.25 years old) over for 2 days, I am exhausted. The wife and I were laughing at the idea of having kids now (shes 41, I'm 44) and I just can't imagine. Do it while you still can. :rofl:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
My only snippet of solace is that my first kid is pretty chill. At least he can communicate and stuff with us now so it makes it a little easier. He's pretty low maintenance, but I know that can reverse when the baby gets here. We are done after two. I'll be having a doctor make sure of it...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My only snippet of solace is that my first kid is pretty chill. At least he can communicate and stuff with us now so it makes it a little easier. He's pretty low maintenance, but I know that can reverse when the baby gets here. We are done after two. I'll be having a doctor make sure of it...
And there is always booze. With the popularity of cinnamon flavored whiskey and tequilas I am assuming that they are specifically for infants.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
you said snippet and referenced a doctor taking care of it......in the same post. You're a brave man.

Kids can be fun, they can also be a headache. Same as everything else in life I suppose.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
you said snippet and referenced a doctor taking care of it......in the same post. You're a brave man.

Kids can be fun, they can also be a headache. Same as everything else in life I suppose.
Yea, definitely getting cut. I don't want a third. Neither does my wife. We are done barring some sort of 'miracle'. Kids are fun, but there's also times I want to choke him.

It's pretty much like having little mini deadbeat college roommates.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Congratulations! :cheers:

Meh. I didn't think it was that bad. Uncomfortable for a day or two, that was about it. I would totally agree about peace of mind though.
I was lucky, my balls swelled up like a softball and were sore for weeks. I still get an occasional hit nut-culous, which they say can happen. Otherwise, it wasn't the end of the world.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Congo rats.
Now you can have a family punk band...well i guess in about 13 years.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I have a colleague who was a victim of teh "miracle". I'm not sure how much I will trust it once the procedure is done. (I went on-line a month ago to book it, but couldn't get a date till March! - if each procedure only takes 15 -30 minutes, that's a lot of dudes that are getting sterilized right there...)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I have a colleague who was a victim of teh "miracle". I'm not sure how much I will trust it once the procedure is done. (I went on-line a month ago to book it, but couldn't get a date till March! - if each procedure only takes 15 -30 minutes, that's a lot of dudes that are getting sterilized right there...)
March - Jeezus. Canadian healthcare system - :rofl:

I called and they were happy to do it same week. I was simply paying "out of pocket" for the procedure due to a high-deductible health plan. Should have gotten more prescription goodies with the procedure... :mad:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
cheers...and glw2b

ours are 4.5 years apart. now that they're 5 and 10 they can seriously tear some chit (and each other) up.

have you asked whether it'll come in root beer yet?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
cheers...and glw2b

ours are 4.5 years apart. now that they're 5 and 10 they can seriously tear some chit (and each other) up.

have you asked whether it'll come in root beer yet?
If it comes in root beer, Lucy will have some 'splainin' to do. My 2 year old already tears chit up. I remember what it was like with my brother. We are three years apart as well.

I have pretty good insurance working for the gubmint, so shouldn't be much of a problem.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
If it comes in root beer, Lucy will have some 'splainin' to do. My 2 year old already tears chit up. I remember what it was like with my brother. We are three years apart as well.

I have pretty good insurance working for the gubmint, so shouldn't be much of a problem.
You'd be amazed at how quickly even relatively low co-pays add up. :dead:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I got two boys too 2.5 years apart. They have a lot of fun together. Number one is the quite one and the second one is the wild one.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I got two boys too 2.5 years apart. They have a lot of fun together. Number one is the quite one and the second one is the wild one.
Actually thinking this might be the case. My kid now is pretty chill, like overly chill for the most part. He has his moments, but seems abnormally lax for a two year old most of the time. Our friend's kid that is about the same age just pretty much destroys shit.

Sep 11, 2015
Had it done. Pretty easy recovery.
As a single guy, I find it helpful for preventing teh AIDS.
At first, I chuckled a little at this. Then I realized that there are probably a bunch of dum dums out there who actually think that, and I frowned a little. Story of my life. Smile, frown, smile, frown, repeat.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Actually thinking this might be the case. My kid now is pretty chill, like overly chill for the most part. He has his moments, but seems abnormally lax for a two year old most of the time. Our friend's kid that is about the same age just pretty much destroys shit.
Careful what you wish for.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
* Keep umbilical cord
* Advertise stem cells in RM Classifieds and/or AARP magazine
* ????
* Profit

Congrats monkey bro. Some days I wish I had another one so my daughter would have a playmate (it seems she tires quickly of my belt sander with the googly eyes I glued on it), but I'm fast approaching JBP status, so no mas.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
THIS. Like when they, oh, i dunno, swing between two chairs while holding a pen in their mouth, fall on their face, stab themselves in the throat....WHILE MOM'S OUT OF TOWN...
That shit never happens when mom's around.

My wife was out for dinner with the women.
Oldest (2-3 at time) disassembles a mini-mag light and swallows the bulb while I'm getting a beer.
Call to pediatrician re: whether I just let him shit it out or go all helicopter parent and rush to ER for them to tell me to let him shit it out, requires them calling me right back.
They call wife's cell instead of mine, maternal outrage ensues.
Construction of doghouse/bongshed initiated that night.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003

Oldest (2-3 at time) disassembles a mini-mag light and swallows the bulb while I'm getting a beer.
Call to pediatrician re: whether I just let him shit it out or go all helicopter parent and rush to ER for them to tell me to let him shit it out, requires them calling me right back.
You should have given the phone to the 3yo and told HIM to explain himself to the wife.

:D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
THIS. Like when they, oh, i dunno, swing between two chairs while holding a pen in their mouth, fall on their face, stab themselves in the throat....WHILE MOM'S OUT OF TOWN...

This shit doesn't happen when you have a girl. I'm sure she'll make up for it when she hits her teens though.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I got a daughter turning 3 in march with another due in may. This one i got now is so freaking crazy, i hope the next one is chilled out. Shes so much fun when im feeling energetic, but if im feeling otherwise i wanna put her in the dog crate. Its totally opposite in my house though, all the bad shit happens to my girlfriend (thats right not married). I just take that kid outside and let her run around and destroy shit, go on truck rides, chase goats and chickens. Shes tough as nails usually and smart in my opinion. Anyways congratulations.