Quantcast

Second Day GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Hannah woke up at 12:30 last night, so Wifey just dragged her into bed. Not a restful night after that. Meh. Slow work day today.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back at work.

Fuck this industrial internet of things crap. FWIW, the plant here is already at least 96F and humidity is north of 70%.

I might go hangout in the server room for a bit after this work.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Might be able to slip in a quick loop around a lake in Fremont between runs today. Otherwise I have a fairly light schedule. On the stupid employee front... Strobes on the secondary code 3 lights on one of our ambulances quit working. We had a tech come out. One of our morons spilled a coke on the center console and it shorted the switch. Must happen on a lot of the rigs because the tech had it sorted and fixed in 15 minutes.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
FFFFFFFFFFF.

Re-org announced at work. No job safety concerns, but it looks like I'll be getting a new boss, which sucks, since the current one is awesome. Le sigh. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Back at work.

Fuck this industrial internet of things crap. FWIW, the plant here is already at least 96F and humidity is north of 70%.

I might go hangout in the server room for a bit after this work.

It was 90 with 27% humidity yesterday. Yes your sweat eveporates quickly but when bead of sweat makes it to your eyeball it is 99% salt and stings like a mother fucker.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I actually rode a bicycle outside. It was just to work, tho

(Pivot w/new frame is still somewhere between Pivot and GBS.)

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Morning.

2 kids up all night, was in and out of sleep repeatedly.

Allergies hit a new level Sunday and I was out for the count yesterday... haven't had allergies that bad in 10 plus years...

Used bike shopping is over for the season, bought a Subaru instead, will reconvene shopping in the spring.

Just might, maybe, possibly dust off the Roadie and start there....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Returned the Sprinter to it's owner last night, and had the tough conversation about becoming it's next owner. Actually, the conversation wasn't tough at all. He had a price in mind, we were willing to pay more than what he was thinking, so we did an air high-five and called it a done deal. He's gonna rustle up the title amidst his paperwork, get the emissions checked, and then we'll bring him a (tiny) suitcase full of cash and drive home in a new-to-us camper van.

Side note: people tend to name things like camper vans, but to date I have yet to hear of anyone naming their camper van Beethoven. :think:

Oh well aware on his positive regarding personal hydration habits, but as a whole, more people drinking more water would be a good thing.
Don't tell me how to live my life!

Left a couple of bikes out and my truck window half-way down, And it is POURING. But I ain‘t doing shit about it until I have had more coffee. I don’t think they will get any more wet...
They're "hydrating".

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Side note: people tend to name things like camper vans, but to date I have yet to hear of anyone naming their camper van Beethoven. :think:
What, it hasn't been your dream to swing open the backside of Beethoven and crawl into that dark space, potentially with a dog along for company?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
damn! sorry for stirring the pot (which is full of water I gather.)

headache gone. probably the joy of riding closed trails.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I don't care if you beef jerky-looking motherfuckers hydrate correctly. Your kidney stones are not my problem.

Had one last year. Put me in the hospital for 5 days (nasty pointed fucker). I drink a LOT of water now.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Returned the Sprinter to it's owner last night, and had the tough conversation about becoming it's next owner. Actually, the conversation wasn't tough at all. He had a price in mind, we were willing to pay more than what he was thinking, so we did an air high-five and called it a done deal. He's gonna rustle up the title amidst his paperwork, get the emissions checked, and then we'll bring him a (tiny) suitcase full of cash and drive home in a new-to-us camper van.

Don't tell me how to live my life!

They're "hydrating".
There should be a further camping and riding of bicycles trip soon.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got my offer, I am happy. $7k less than my billing rate, $8k more than my last full time gig. So they have to extend my contract 2 weeks to cover processing, but I should be good to go.