Quantcast

Second Day GMT

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
There should be a further camping and riding of bicycles trip soon.
Agreed. We're thinking Curt Gowdy area (but not necessarily Curt Gowdy) sometime in September. Hoping to do some trips prior to then, but that's the next "bigger" trip we're thinking that includes coordinating with friends and such. Probably try something in August as well, but we have to finish painting and sprucing up the truck camper to get that posted for sale, and I (along with the rest of the Baja team) have an entire race car shop worth of whatnot to move into our new shop space this month.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Something went haywire with the “double” filter on the espresso maker, had to make a single twice like a goddamn peasant.

Maybe getting a job offer today, maybe being told to GTFO. Owner of the company seems a little disappointed that I dont know precisely how the company works, I think he wants to hire someone who’s already worked there for a couple years, nobody working there can do what they need done so it’s a bit of an impasse. We shall see.

Kiddo is starting to pull himself up, so I guess it’s Rome to build him a climbing triangle, starting on that after more espresso.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Agreed. We're thinking Curt Gowdy area (but not necessarily Curt Gowdy) sometime in September. Hoping to do some trips prior to then, but that's the next "bigger" trip we're thinking that includes coordinating with friends and such. Probably try something in August as well, but we have to finish painting and sprucing up the truck camper to get that posted for sale, and I (along with the rest of the Baja team) have an entire race car shop worth of whatnot to move into our new shop space this month.
I've kept meaning to head to CG as I've not ridden there in 10 years. I bet it's a clusterF at weekends...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've kept meaning to head to CG as I've not ridden there in 10 years. I bet it's a clusterF at weekends...
It might even be multiple clusters fuck? But actually, when we went up earlier this year we found great dispersed camping away from the crowds, and the trail system is big enough you can avoid people. Plus, the system just down the road (Happy Jack I think) is amazing and gets less traffic I think.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
When are you guys attempting to head back to Baja?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Today is one of those days I could be convinced to sell almost everything I own, move to a small town in some remote fjord in Norway, surrounded by towering peaks, to become a farmer.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Today is one of those days I could be convinced to sell almost everything I own, move to a small town in some remote fjord in Norway, surrounded by towering peaks, to become a farmer.
I'll live a subsistence lifestyle, with the land and sea providing all that I need. A hard, but simple life, devoid of the stresses, pressures, and crushing pace of modern life.

I'll find love there. Perhaps a Helga, or an Olga. She will be tough as nails and a bit homely, but I dont care, I'm no blue ribbon puffin either. She's sturdy and ensures I am well taken care of. We will make love most nights, on a sheepskin rug, while the fire crackles and the reindeer call to one another. The sun, moon, and stars will be our guiding light.

Yes, I think that'll do nicely.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
When are you guys attempting to head back to Baja?
Who even knows at this point. Teh 'Rona put the kaibosh on our VW funding last year, and it's maybe not looking good for money this year either? Also, we had one guy buy a new place with a massive shop + got engaged, I got engaged and had a long stretch of unemployment, another guy moved to Oregon and he and his wife got pregnant, another guy and his wife just had a baby... etc. etc. Plus, the race might even wind up canceled this year...

Unsure what next year looks like but I'm getting married in September so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Who even knows at this point. Teh 'Rona put the kaibosh on our VW funding last year, and it's maybe not looking good for money this year either? Also, we had one guy buy a new place with a massive shop + got engaged, I got engaged and had a long stretch of unemployment, another guy moved to Oregon and he and his wife got pregnant, another guy and his wife just had a baby... etc. etc. Plus, the race might even wind up canceled this year...

Unsure what next year looks like but I'm getting married in September so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I didn't get a shirt from round 2, dammit. Any laying around, I will still gladly pay (my OG is well loved)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Got the job offer, twas $3k/year bellow where I want to be as a minimum but still not terrible, it was a bit of an arbitrary number, so countered with what I want out of it assuming they went with the arbitrary number to give themselves somewhere to go, we shall see. Either way it's more than I made prior to Covid eating my job, just not as good of a schedule, likely not a real long term job and salaried rather than hourly so no OT pay, thus needing a bit more out of it. Figure I can make up for lost income over the last 4 months reasonably quickly, then start buying more bikes. If the Defense industry comes back strong I can go get my old gig back, if not, it's yet another category of design to throw on my resume.

unpressurized basket?
I think that's what it's called, little cup that the grounds go in, pressure builds in the chamber with the grounds, but little to no flow of coffee. Got maybe 6-7 drops out, tried again and just let it sit for a while, eventually is blew the whole filter holder assembly off. Thinking there's a clog, but it's such a simple device I can't figure out how it can be clogged. Stripped it down, soaking in hot soapy water, will scrub it and try again later.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think that's what it's called, little cup that the grounds go in, pressure builds in the chamber with the grounds, but little to no flow of coffee. Got maybe 6-7 drops out, tried again and just let it sit for a while, eventually is blew the whole filter holder assembly off. Thinking there's a clog, but it's such a simple device I can't figure out how it can be clogged. Stripped it down, soaking in hot soapy water, will scrub it and try again later.
the basket that goes into the portafilter is what holds the grounds/puck. theres 2 kinds, pressurized (the basket is flow restricted and creates the required pressure) and unpressurized (the basket is not flow restricted but the tamping on the puck is what creates the pressure)

it might need to be descaled.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So I got all the paperwork done and the online form for background check complete. Still need pee test info and should be all good.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Water came up when I was napping. Didn't lose my fishing pole or the cooler this time. It wasn't raining. I was a mile down from the weir easily. Brown Trout Po boys for dinner tonight.