Quantcast

Second not working day of the week©

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Might not ride my bicycle today. Or I might change my mind and ride it.

That's the tough decision for today.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Another of many not working days for me. A little rain today for the first time in forever but unfortunately not enough. Its really dry around here and a good soak is needed for trails and plants. If it stays this dry I will maybe ride later.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Pretty easy day, fit some tyres, buy some seals, show somebody which bit to connect a charger to, do a safety inspection on a piece of equipment then swing hammers and weld.
IMG_20230523_184551.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Full day in the office today for a workshop. That hasn't happened in a long, long time.

Took the Fit in to be aligned as it had a pretty bad pull to the left. Guy said everything was in spec, must be something with the PS pump or rack, nothing they can do. Turns out the electronic power steering lost calibration and thinks it needs to pull left. Now to recalibration the system and hope that fixes it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
such a bitch, i am. a working day it is. much writing needs to he done. i shall do my best to make said writing engaging and informative.

rear tire of bike seems unwilling to hold expected pressure for some reason. wonder if i need to yank the tire and re-tape the whole thing. hrmf.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Another day, ripped wall to wall carpeting and its underlayment out of the parlor yesterday, have someone coming to discuss refinising the birch floor. :wave:
Birch floors you say. I'd like to see those once they've been refinished. Heck, I'm not sure I've ever seen any houses with birch, its always either red oak or wide plank pine, with the occasional ash/hickory/hemlock splashed in.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Working 1-4:45 or so from home today. But aqi also 120. I think this calls for dropping off Baby Aya via car and then Pelotoning instead of soaking in the Canadian smoke.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Training a new guy today

So I mentioned a few weeks ago that a friend of mine lost his wife to a heart attack. I got a message from him yesterday that a facility where she gave riding lessons is having a show and was going to do a memorial to her. He was going to be working at another place that day so would I be able to cover for him so he could attend the memorial. Of course I said yes. I hope it helps him heal.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I rode 23 miles and change on the tri bike last night. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon when I headed out, and then it poured on me the last 10 miles. There was no rain in the forecast! What the fuck. I will do the same thing this afternoon and hopefully won't get rained on. Then the bike is going to the shop tomorrow for a pre-race overhaul.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le work.

Fun weekend of some bikes and stuff.

Going to do the first oil change on the VW tonight and test out this oil evacuator. I'm thankful for the oil temp sensor, so that I can reduce the risk of melting anything.

Have also done a few drives now with the bike on the rack. Fuel consumption definitely takes a good hit with the bikes on there. But the 2" hitch receiver is definitely nice to have.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had an awesome comment from a City Manager at one of our most important clients in CO. He knows I've been working on my CFP forever and am testing in July. He asked during the board meeting, "if Stoney passes, what is being done to make sure that I don't leave? Since [I've] been the biggest impact on [their] employees and their retirement planning to date." We've had them as a client for almost 20yrs and I've been their advisor for over four. Boss just kinda stammered. Second substantial client that has pushed back with concerns about my leaving if/when I pass.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Boss sat on a big issue for a couple of weeks. Finally got green light to move on Friday afternoon, and woke up to an email today asking if I was done yet. Best part of it is… it’s a big complicated documentation project and doesn’t really do anything other than documenting a process that’s already covered by existing documents.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ohh.... I got to drop an "in my 20yrs..." today.

"What you are trying to direct me to do are operating procedures for an IRA, and not even the best ones for that. Properly done, you would have the accounts opened and would request the funds via ACAT. Instead you are directing me to open these people up the a taxable exposure of over $50k. What I'm telling you about how we're going to do this, is how it has been for my 20yrs over multiple firms."

"We'll do it this way" - wrong
"We'll do it this way" - still wrong
"We'll do it this way" - still wrong. Have you done this before?

I hate people who are definitely working commission first, fiduciary second.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
evidently younger brother flew to okc to ride a 2023 bmw gs1250 something or other back to colorado....