Quantcast

Second not working day of the week©

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Did oil change on the VW Golf. It could not be any easier than that, doing it from the top with a vacuum pump.

Though some notes...
-the dingus that did it before me reefed the oil canister shut. Had to reach for a bigger wrench. I'm not a mechanic, but it says right on it 2.5nm * 5. Not really sure what the multiply by 5 is for, check five times? But it shouldn't need to be that tight....there is a spring pressing on it, it's just an oring seals and it's plastic.
-dingus also overfilled it with oil, it seems. Perhaps not by much, but still. I sucked almost 6.8 liters of oil out of it. I'm a dingus for not checking the dipstick after taking delivery.

-need to find out how to reset the maintenance clock thing.
-I need a new funnel, perhaps a screw in one for the engine. The fill hole is large, but it's blocked halfway by something in on the block :homer:
-will definitely not do it after work...waiting for the engine to cool, so as not to melt my vacuum tube, was annoying

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Car passed inspection. Went for a long ride in a distant place to celebrate. New tires ride nice. Allergies are kicking in pretty hard now. Worth it.