Quantcast

%%%Second Work Day of the Week GMT%%%

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Didn't do anything at work yesterday. Went to my parents old house to claim more stuff and start cleaning out. Scored a Montgomery Ward sander and a dovetail jig.

Not planning on doing anything at work again today.

Be safe out there.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. Today is Tuesday. Please treat it as such.

Half day of work for me, thanks do a well pipe that sprung a pinhole. The plumber will be at our house between 1:00 and 3:00 to fix it...most likely closer to 1:00 because that's how our plumber seems to roll.

Sox/Phillies series begins today. Fvcking stevew.

Quo Fan

The fight against the poison ivy begins. It has now spread up both arms, both legs, and across my chest/stomach. Next few weeks are going to be rather nasty. :(
Get Zanfel. The stuff is expensive, $44.00 an ounce, but it works. I've been allergic to poison ivy for most of my life, and this is the only stuff that really works on me. I'm at the end cycle of my last infection (my job requires that I get infected at least once per year), and I've been going broke buying Zanfel.

Edit: The store brand stuff doesn't work as well, as most of them don't have the amount of polypropylene beads in them that Zanfel has.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Howdy Team! Welcome to Tuesday. With the boy at camp, dinners are nice with just wifey and me. Light meals, a little wine and then you knows whats next......

me asleep in my recliner, of course!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Get Zanfel. The stuff is expensive, $44.00 an ounce, but it works. I've been allergic to poison ivy for most of my life, and this is the only stuff that really works on me. I'm at the end cycle of my last infection (my job requires that I get infected at least once per year), and I've been going broke buying Zanfel.

Edit: The store brand stuff doesn't work as well, as most of them don't have the amount of polypropylene beads in them that Zanfel has.
What about Technu?

When I was a kid both my brother and myself got poison oak at least twice a year. This was the stuff my dads fire crews always used and it worked for us kids too. Can't really tell you how it works for poison ivy, but there can't be that much of a difference right?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Fast LUNA Ride last night followed by the best MTB Ride of my entire life (to date) with Sydney.

She and Sq-Earl usually hit the bike path and do a little of the gravel trail, but she wanted to ride a loop to the Gazebo so we hit the trail, got there and she wanted to continue. She rode an entire loop (walked one sketchy section on a ledge and had a nice wipe-out over a big root) and was smiling and challenging us to a race the whole time. Absolutely priceless!!!! Next time, we'll be prepared with the GoPro to show her amazing skillz :)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Our offer on the duplex was accepted last night....got the call while chilling on the beach. FY.
Now let the fun begin. Home inspection on Thursday...hopefully we will be moving again at the end of July.

Life has sucked balls lately up until this point. So ready to move on....

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
I am on a tapering trend at work before going on holiday for 4 weeks.

Already thinking about White Castle......BW3 Chicken Tender Salad w/ Mango Habenero sauce....Chicago Pizza.......

I think I will leave early and hit the two CAT5 climbs on my training route on the way home.

Quo Fan

What about Technu?

When I was a kid both my brother and myself got poison oak at least twice a year. This was the stuff my dads fire crews always used and it worked for us kids too. Can't really tell you how it works for poison ivy, but there can't be that much of a difference right?
I have tried every product on the market for poison ivy/oak/sumac. The only thing that has truly worked for me is Zanfel.

Poison ivy/oak/sumac have the same "active" ingredient, urushiol oil.

Found this and read parts of it. Check out the treatment section.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Prednisone. When my arm almost exploded from being so swollen due to poison ivy a few winters ago, I got Prednisone (by prescription) and it was almost gone completely in a matter of days. Granted that was by far the worst case I've ever seen first hand, but it made me wish I didn't mess around with lotions/clearners/sprays in the past.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2527327&postcount=27

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Morning monkeys!

Didn't do anything at work yesterday. Went to my parents old house to claim more stuff and start cleaning out. Scored a Montgomery Ward sander and a dovetail jig.

Not planning on doing anything at work again today.

Be safe out there.
what is this "work" you speak of?

The fight against the poison ivy begins. It has now spread up both arms, both legs, and across my chest/stomach. Next few weeks are going to be rather nasty. :(
mild bleach scrub down.......do it!

Gawt me hur did.

it needs a stripe

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What about Technu?

The crushing combo is Dawn shower as soon as you get home then Claritin 24 to supress the itch and cold Zanfel showers once you have contracted it. Zanfel and Claritin are both FSA approved, so you can save some $ there.

I have extreme reactions to Poison Oak and I rarely need to get Prednisone when doing the above. The last time I really needed it was when I had it over ~50% of my body - both arms, legs and crotch (you gotta piss somehow). I've had 95% of my body covered in full leathery skinned rashing and needed Prednisone for that, but that was really ugly.

Last edited: