MTB New England
Anyone do a Secret Santa at the office?

My office Secret Santa bought me a tie with a picture of my dog on it! :love:

My staff bought me a huge bottle of Grey Goose. :drool: :drool:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, we did a secret santa here. Three fridays, first and second fridays are $2 gifts, third friday is a $10 gift and then you find out who your santa was. Scored some candy, a bookmark, and Michael Crichton's latest novel - not bad at all...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Yupper. We do one each year and it's usually pretty fun. This year (Wednesday & Thursday of this week) 2 gifts about $5-10 each (no more than $20 total) - reveal on Friday at our luncheon.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
We do, I told them I didnt want to participate but they put my name in anyway...its wednesday & I havent bought anything yet. I was asked what I wanted & I said donate the $ to a good will charity xmas thing in my name.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
We did a nice secret santa thing within my department, ~$20 gifts. I bought my coworker a bunch of stuff from her wedding registry, and we all went out for a nice lunch, paid for by the company! :)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My assigned person is our 50+ year old female accountant. Everyone had such a hard time believing I picked out her scarf and gloves myself (got them on sale at Ann Taylor). :mad: Hey, some guys actually know how to shop.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
did anyone see the recent episode of _The Office_ where steve carell's character got an iPod as a gift and changed the rules of the gift exchange? pretty funny.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
We're doing secret santas. The first time they asked us, there was little interest, so they've now made it even more confusing by having it be a generic secret santa, which kind of sucks because I would have liked to personalize it.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
We do a white elephant exchange at our office/department christmas party. I regifted a vase someone gave to us that was likely a regift itself.

Everyone drank too much high octane egg nog, and one of the kids (18 yrs old, interns and contractors... we call em "The Kids") gave some KY jelly and warming lotion as a gift. Hilarious, if a little cliche.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
binary visions said:
Yeah, we did a secret santa here. Three fridays, first and second fridays are $2 gifts, third friday is a $10 gift and then you find out who your santa was. Scored some candy, a bookmark, and Michael Crichton's latest novel - not bad at all...
I got information from B.V. about my self that I never knew. What a super Chirstmas present.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I think we should just give to charities or everyone picks their own and a $20 donation is made. Just think about how many "fake red leather toiletry bags" are regifted every day for this great consumer-gasm we call Christmas.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
we used to do it but everyone i work with is broke, and when i say broke, i mean government assistance broke. last year i refused to do it because everyone was so broke and no one really likes it anyway. this year we finally decided not to do it. i hate buying gifts for people i don't know, or like really.