Quantcast

Secret Santa Gifts

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MancilG said:
I didn't get a damn thing
I seem to recall last year Old RM threatening banishment and public humliation to any member who bailed on the Secret Santa gift. I think that rule should have been applied to this year as well.

Hopefully your gift is just late on account of poor shipping service.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MancilG said:
I have been a bad monkey....

Not sure about the banishment, but if I recall there was something about being gone for a month.

Hell if I care, just hope my elf liked what they got!
Hey if you have problems I would appreciate if you PM'ed me. I already talked to you about this problem and we came to a solution. I told you that without a doubt you would have a gift however it would be late. I haven't been at my computer for a few days to take up this issue with you. I would appreciate it if you didn't taint every single secret santa thread with your whining. I feel very bad that your gift is delayed and that is always a chance when you're dealing with this many people. We haven't had anybody not get a gift and I would sincerly hope that you could be adult about the delay.

Yes there is banishment for the people who don't follow thru.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MancilG said:
Well I guess you told me.
That wasnt' my point.

I realize that getting a gift late sucks and I do everything I can to keep up with the people involved during the event.

You posting in thread after thread isn't doing anything to get your gift to you any earlier, It's just making this event look worse and we had an awesome year. I appreciate that you stuck to your word and sent your gift out. I'm sorry that ONE person didn't.

Everybody did very well, the gifts were great and so was the box decorating.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MancilG said:
haha, anyone do any after christmas shopping now that was HELL
actually I went out Monday evening and nobody was out. We even went to Walmart and that place was F'ing empty.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MancilG said:
I went to Best Buy and there must have been 150 people in line for returns and 75 in the check out line
See we went at about 9pm monday night. It's funny because people are still in the Christmas RUSH!!

PS. on a side note, next year I will be doing very limited internet shopping. After the hassle of sending 2 things back I'll think twice next year.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
CliffNotes version of this thread:

MancilG: whine-whine-whine

stosh: *SMACK*

MancilG: ...whimper...

stosh: whine

IRB: *SMACK*

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
N8 said:
CliffNotes version of this thread:

MancilG: whine-whine-whine

stosh: *SMACK*

MancilG: ...whimper...

stosh: whine

IRB: *SMACK*
:p

btw anyone ever try out the Sette shoes??? the elements look pretty nice and are very very reasonable esp since they are on sale

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Fixed!!!

Edit: We have a freeride forum?
Stosh, I am just busting your balls. I don't think your opinion of their HRM will hinder their sales or stop people from shopping there. :p Besides, I am sure the nice folks at Pricepoint would like to hear your feedback so they can produce a better product for their customers.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
I Are Baboon said:
Stosh, I am just busting your balls. I don't think your opinion of their HRM will hinder their sales or stop people from shopping there. :p Besides, I am sure the nice folks at Pricepoint would like to hear your feedback so they can produce a better product for their customers.

Wrong, I'm never going to shop there again now that I know Stosh does

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
here is the shirt and socks Ciaran got me:

here is a pic of the reverse:

here's the packing material: :D

i didn't get a picture of the books (the wife stashed 'em somewhere), but they were by kurt vonnegut and charles de lint