Quantcast

Self-Massage Tools

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB

I can see this one going downhill in a hurry. Probably a good mis-quote thread!

I call a massage place and get a one hour rubdown once a month...paid for by my company.

In between massages my quads and IT Band can get pretty tight so I have to work on them on my own at times. Soap and water for the quads in the shower works pretty decent combined with plenty of stretching. For the IT band, I roll around on a tennis ball to loosen it up. Anywhere else pretty much sucks to reach and do a halfways decent job. I imagine there are plenty of power tools out there that'd do a decent job of working on the traps, but I've never really tried them out.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
What are his rates? Is he available for housecalls?

I hit the spa now and then, but I always leave feeling like I could have used another half hour. It's like pulling a splinter out half way.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ridemonkey said:
It's like pulling a splinter out half way.

Even the Head Monkey is contributing to the thread going downhill!

My $.02

Put a tennis ball on the floor, lay on it on your back, roll around hitting all the trouble spots.

:thumb:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Since my knee surgery I massage my knee about 15 minutes a day...right after my workout when the blood is flowing. I just use baby oil.

For my IT band when it was acting up I bought one of those foam rollers and it was the bomb!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Heidi said:
Since _________ I massage my _____about 15 minutes a day...right after my _____when the blood is flowing. I just use baby oil.

For my _____ when it was acting up I bought one of those foam_____ and it was the bomb!

:drool: