Quantcast

self portraits: post them

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
How I usually get on trains + the camera backpack and toolbox outside of the frame.

Watching the Val Di Sol WC live, wasted

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If you don't have a remote release, you can use the self-timer on the camera and a tripod (or table, if you don't have a tripod). The key to setting it up is knowing what's in the picture. E.g. Pat's second photo, you can frame it up and note that the top and right sides of his monitor form the top and right boarder of the photo, so stick yourself in there accordingly (in your own picture, not Pat's... he's too young for you).

Also, look at yourself in the mirror carefully. What are your best angles? Bear that in mind when shooting.

Or, you can just stick your face into the lens like blue and no careful setups apply :p

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Can't really take a pic of yourself when you're always behind the camera.
The only one that I have. I was setting up the wireless remote for some on bike shots.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
If you don't have a remote release, you can use the self-timer on the camera and a tripod (or table, if you don't have a tripod). The key to setting it up is knowing what's in the picture. E.g. Pat's second photo, you can frame it up and note that the top and right sides of his monitor form the top and right boarder of the photo, so stick yourself in there accordingly (in your own picture, not Pat's... he's too young for you).
:rofl:

thanks...i think that's the hardest part for me...is figuring out the right composition. and how to come across natural versus posed.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
wu tang

edit: i was hoping that i had a bandana and flat-brimmed hat for extra ****s and giggles, but unfortunately i do not.

mammothpunks

Chimp
Sep 27, 2004
Mammoth

For this shot i mounted my camera on a Magic arm clamped to my fork. Triggered the camera with the pocketwizard in my hand. Seconds later, the magic arm broke and i managed to miss riding over my fisheye by about half an inch.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
For this shot i mounted my camera on a Magic arm clamped to my fork. Triggered the camera with the pocketwizard in my hand. Seconds later, the magic arm broke and i managed to miss riding over my fisheye by about half an inch.

great shot! love the composition w/ the trail.

next time trigger it w/ yr right hand. :D