Quantcast

Sell my Blindside to buy a Revolt?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I've had my Blindside for a year now. It's in kickass shape (minus the rear wheel). I really like the bike.

Some evil bastard (no pun intended) is now trying to tempt me into buying his lightly used Revolt.

Okay hot shot, WHAT DO YOU DO?

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
i haven't ridden either but from what they are intended to do they are pretty different bikes.

i think it comes down to what you want to do with it

DH race (revolt)
vs.
Freeride (blindside)

should be pretty easy to choose since they are so different.

with that said i am so close to pulling the trigger on a blindside.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
what somebody else said, different bikes.

evil is dh race that you can freeride.

blindside is freeride that you can dh race.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
pretty funny you asked this, I have a blindside now and was faced with the decision to get a new bike for this year (Revolt or TR450), and opted to keep the blindside...Like everyone said above it is a great freeride bike you can really do anything on, guys are putting hammerschmidt on them and pedaling them to which is pretty crazy.

Decide what type of riding you want to do, if it is race based go revolt, otherwise keep the BS it's a solid bike.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'd say keep the blindside. If you like the bike, are comfortable with it, and don't race, there isn't a huge amount of reason to get into the super low, super slack, slightly higher maintenance DH race bike.

If it's a matter of fit or that you're uncomfortable on your current bike, consider switching, otherwise just ride the hell out of the transition and rock on.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I'd say keep the blindside. If you like the bike, are comfortable with it, and don't race, there isn't a huge amount of reason to get into the super low, super slack, slightly higher maintenance DH race bike.

If it's a matter of fit or that you're uncomfortable on your current bike, consider switching, otherwise just ride the hell out of the transition and rock on.
It's true, I'm no racer by any stretch of the imagination. I do really like my bike...

But that Revolt has got some really nice parts on it, and looks super cool. Plus it's a small. Part of me wishes I'd got a small Blindside. Not sure about that one.

Maybe I can persuade the owner to let me take a test ride....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Why would you want a small blindside? Your torso is longer than mine and I think your bike is right.

I'll trade you for the yeti.

Who has a small revolt to unload? The guy that fell off the balcony?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Why would you want a small blindside? Your torso is longer than mine and I think your bike is right.

I'll trade you for the yeti.

Who has a small revolt to unload? The guy that fell off the balcony?
I dunno, I demoed a small Glory at Crankworx and kinda liked the flickiness.

And as for balcony shenanigans, yes.

As for your Yeti, maybe you could ride it some more and get a great deal on a crash replacement?

Last edited: