Quantcast

Semi pro to pro photogs.....

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Do you have a point and shoot you bring along and are happy with?(for what it is) I'm wanting to go as small as possible and yet keep a decent picture. By decent picture I mean as good or better than the canon G2..

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
my point and shoot is a canon powershot g5. i use it a lot and fits in my camel back.still has custom white balance and manual settings as well and takes good pictures.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
BAH said:
Do you have a point and shoot you bring along and are happy with?(for what it is) I'm wanting to go as small as possible and yet keep a decent picture. By decent picture I mean as good or better than the canon G2..
I am more of a photog and not a semi pro (aspiring though), and i use my tiny canon elph 5.0 mp. It's about the size of a deck of cards i dont go anywhere without it!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
well actually come to think of it, that canon is my only camera right now since the one I bought (10d) from derek(bah) hasnt arrived yet :mumble:

I wanted red label from OREGON! :think::evil:

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I am more of a photog and not a semi pro (aspiring though), and i use my tiny canon elph 5.0 mp. It's about the size of a deck of cards i dont go anywhere without it!
post some bigger photos up :)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I don't have a small camera for rides. I just use disposables when riding. They are usually fast enough, and produce decent pictures. Sometimes they go to hell, but photoshop can help somewhat.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
When I'm out shooting an assignment I take two mark2s and a 20d. The need to carry a small digicam hasn't surfaced, but I'm looking to pick one up for riding photos, and going to the club, where an SLR just isn't conveinient

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I wouldn't recommend the elph over a G2...

I've been out of the game for a while so I unfortunately can't recommend a new consumer camera to you.. the G2's a great camera but it's a little bluky... I suggest taking a look @ the recent cameras & indepth reviews (& samples) @ dpreview.com

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The elph is great for a pocket cam. It is TINY, the new ones are 7mp and they shoot a damn nice photos. A g5 or whatever is obviously a better camera, but is also xbox huge in comparison.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Transcend said:
The elph is great for a pocket cam. It is TINY, the new ones are 7mp and they shoot a damn nice photos. A g5 or whatever is obviously a better camera, but is also xbox huge in comparison.
And on top of that the elph is a bombproof little effer. It's pretty much the perfect camera, the lcd isnt stupid big where it can be damaged easily. I dont get the GIANT lcd's some of these companys are running, its not like the camera is a photo album...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I dont get the GIANT lcd's some of these companys are running, its not like the camera is a photo album...
Not everyone really uses the computer except as a place to store them. LOTS of people use their cameras as a photo album. Some people take few enough pictures that they just keep them on the camera, print directly at Wal-Mart, and use the camera as a storage device until the card gets full.

There are more reasons, anyway. Checking your shot is much easier on a big LCD. For digicams, using the LCD for composure is easier and clearer, the larger it is.

Big LCDs are great :thumb:

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
Also, if you are on a budget, check out the Canon A520. You can get em for approx $159, has manual settings, and very little shutter delay. Small enough to throw in your pocket if ya want.