Quantcast

Send good vibes to bigginsis

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
she is having to have one of her oldest cats put down today. Incurable cancer. She is pretty torn up about it.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
we've got a 14 year old cat that tn has had forever and we can't decide when is the right time to put him down. i feel her pain. we are going to hold on to bootsie for a while. we just don't think he's ready to go yet. sorry to hear that.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sorry to hear that bigginsis.

My 19 year old kitty had to be put down a little over a year ago. Picked him out when I was 3. It's hard, but if there's nothing that can be done to improve the quality of life, it's best that the suffering end sooner than later.

Just remember all the good times that you had with your cat and get another one when you feel the time is right.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
Sorry to hear that bigginsis.

My 19 year old kitty had to be put down a little over a year ago. Picked him out when I was 3. It's hard, but if there's nothing that can be done to improve the quality of life, it's best that the suffering end sooner than later.

Just remember all the good times that you had with your cat and get another one when you feel the time is right.
I'm doing the math here...............

Do you mean to tell me you're only 23?

-S.S.-

May your kitty be riding the waves to Valhalla on a ship like these two kittensviking kittens (http://home.earthlink.net/~jordsvin/Fun Stuff/Viking Kitties/Viking Kitties.htm)

Valhalla, Hall of the Slain, in Norse mythology is the hall presided over by Odin. This vast hall has five hundred and forty doors. The rafters are spears, the hall is roofed with shields and breast-plates litter the benches. A wolf guards the western door and an eagle hovers over it. It is here that the Valkyries, Odin's messengers and spirits of war, bring half of the heroes that died on the battle fields (the rest go to Freya's hall Folkvang). These heroes, the Einherjar, are prepared in Valhalla for the oncoming battle of Ragnarok. When the battle commences, eight hundred warriors will march shoulder to shoulder out of each door. (http://www.pantheon.org/articles/v/valhalla.html)

Balls of yarn and torn sock memories,
kittens to cats
cats to krones
purr box and sun spots
may they always be warm

hang in there sis, get new toys for the other cats you have, they too will miss your kitty

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Sorry to hear that Bigginsis - it's a hard decision to make, but one that has to be done for the sake of the animal.

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
thanks ya'll - he was a good boy and almost 10. also male calico...thanks so much for your thoughts and we're giving the other two extra attention - one was his litter-mate so she'll be feeling it...

We were with him - I even sang Duke of Earl (since his name was Earl) while he was going - and I'm glad after we gave him good years that we were also able to give him a soft landing. :heart: :heart:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
bigginsis said:
thanks ya'll - he was a good boy and almost 10. also male calico...thanks so much for your thoughts and we're giving the other two extra attention - one was his litter-mate so she'll be feeling it...

We were with him - I even sang Duke of Earl (since his name was Earl) while he was going - and I'm glad after we gave him good years that we were also able to give him a soft landing. :heart: :heart:

I'm sorry...:(

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
laura said:
we've got a 14 year old cat that tn has had forever and we can't decide when is the right time to put him down. i feel her pain. we are going to hold on to bootsie for a while. we just don't think he's ready to go yet. sorry to hear that.

Earl was ready. He even slept between us one night - which he never does - and we feel like he was saying his goodbyes. And our other cats had begun to distance themselves. He will let you know. I know I sound like a flake but that's just me. :)