Quantcast

Send in the Clones

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
Someone needs to clone a human just to show how pointless it is. Even identical twins born at the same time and brought up in very similar envonmental conditions are different. The environmental differences between an adult and there clone are going to be very different and most likly be a completly different person.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by D_D
Someone needs to clone a human just to show how pointless it is. Even identical twins born at the same time and brought up in very similar envonmental conditions are different. The environmental differences between an adult and there clone are going to be very different and most likly be a completly different person.
exactly, it's all rather a funny subject in a sense.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
If you one day learned that you were a clone, wouldn't you be kinda upset??? Knowing that you're not unique, that you're a copy of a person, that you were "made" in a lab??? I think it would be enough to throw that person off the deep end. All this cloning is pointless and will ruin the lives of these 'clones'.

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
or five michael jacksons.

apparently cloning (at least right now) has a lot of side effects. apparently there are three Saddam Husseine's. hmmmm....

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
Originally posted by ChrisRobin
If you one day learned that you were a clone, wouldn't you be kinda upset??? Knowing that you're not unique, that you're a copy of a person, that you were "made" in a lab??? I think it would be enough to throw that person off the deep end. All this cloning is pointless and will ruin the lives of these 'clones'.
The clone would be unique.
Quite a few people are made in labs not much different than if they where cloned.

Identical twins and test tube babies appear to cope ok.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Originally posted by D_D
The clone would be unique.
Quite a few people are made in labs not much different than if they where cloned.

Identical twins and test tube babies appear to cope ok.
I don't know...I think it would just freak me out knowing I was a clone. That's just me...but a couple hundred million dollars for compensation would calm me down. :D