Quantcast

Sept. 3rd- National Don't Buy Gas Day

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Basic economic theories would all indicate that this is really stupid.

And:
snopes.com said:
Here! 's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.
Where do you think most non-major gasoline companies get their gas? It is all made in the same handfull of factories then distributed. Especially here in California, where our strict air-quality laws require a "special" blend of gasoline, different than every other state. Which makes it more expensive to produce... So it's only made in a handfull of refineries.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I celebrate "don't buy gas day" as much as I possibly can. But if my car needs gas that particular day I'm going to the gas station.

J

JRB

Echo said:
I celebrate "don't buy gas day" as much as I possibly can. But if my car needs gas that particular day I'm going to the gas station.
:stupid:

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
That's the first day of a three day weekend; this is going to be a hard one to do. I say we have National, steal gas day." I wonder if there are any pump first gas stations left? :confused:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Biscuit said:
Basic economic theories would all indicate that this is really stupid.

And:

Where do you think most non-major gasoline companies get their gas? It is all made in the same handfull of factories then distributed. Especially here in California, where our strict air-quality laws require a "special" blend of gasoline, different than every other state. Which makes it more expensive to produce... So it's only made in a handfull of refineries.
A coworker just sent me this one. :rolleyes:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
How about a don't burn gas day. Ride your bike, turn off the AC and the lights and enjoy the evening watching the stars from yer stoop.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Westy said:
How about a don't burn gas day. Ride your bike, turn off the AC and the lights and enjoy the evening watching the stars from yer stoop.

BBBWWWAHAHAHAHAHA... "turn off AC.." HAhAHAHAHHAHA!!!

:p

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Westy said:
That sounds like a good idea to me. However, we don't have "stoops" in California...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Idiots. To change things, it is going to take a lifetime commitment & a change in your gas guzzling lifestyles...not just 1 day. :rolleyes:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
blt2ride said:
That sounds like a good idea to me. However, we don't have "stoops" in California...
Hang out on your walled off 20 square foot of lawn then. ;) Decks, porches, balconies and roofs will also work.