Quantcast

September Briones Mafia Tuesday Night Rides

Dan_ger

Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
East Bay
9/19 - 6:30pm Away Ride - TBD

9/26 - 6:30pm Briones Alhambra Creek

This week (9/12), we rode Briones from Alhambra Creek up past the peak and antennas, dropping down spengler, blue oak shortcut and blue oak trails, exiting the park at Gloria.

We take recommendations of places to ride for the away rides and don't have next week set yet. We typically ride in mid/west Contra Costa County on the "Away" weeks.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Yup, for the most part anyways...there's a little click in the neck now but I think it's just from all the damage I have done to the ol' body including the wreck. It was there before, just more noticable now. But other than that I feel great! 110%
How's it with you?

Dan_ger

Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
East Bay
Yup, for the most part anyways...there's a little click in the neck now but I think it's just from all the damage I have done to the ol' body including the wreck. It was there before, just more noticable now. But other than that I feel great! 110%
How's it with you?
Collar bone is healed. Body feels good. Now, it's just working around a newborn to keep riding 2x/wk.

Almost lost my Tracer to an accident yesterday evening on my way to Briones - they're doing roadwork on Taylor and had traffic pushed over all the way to the curb where the trees are lower. Frame and fork are intact but wheel, bar, saddle and cables are toast as well as one of the roof racks.

I guess I'll be hardtailin it again for a while. The old Jericho is almost ready to go.

How's life at the Sacto Mike's mega mart?

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
It's pretty good. Bike shop life you know? "As the Wheel Turns" I really like it. We're just now starting to get to a place where we are comfortable and familiar enough with each other that the shop is really starting to rock. More DH and gravity stuff coming in every week so that's fun. Not riding much but having tons of fun with my two grommets. My 6 year old just taught himself backflips on the trampoline...crazy. I'm looking forward to building up a single speed for the winter. I'll miss rockville for winter riding but we'll see what's good up here.

Dan_ger

Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
East Bay
It's pretty good. Bike shop life you know? "As the Wheel Turns" I really like it. We're just now starting to get to a place where we are comfortable and familiar enough with each other that the shop is really starting to rock. More DH and gravity stuff coming in every week so that's fun. Not riding much but having tons of fun with my two grommets. My 6 year old just taught himself backflips on the trampoline...crazy. I'm looking forward to building up a single speed for the winter. I'll miss rockville for winter riding but we'll see what's good up here.
Auburn and Cool are always fun. There's some shuttle stuff near the FHDL and Culvert Trail is always a hoot. I raced the Cool XC in March in the snow - totally hardcore to race sport and have 2 laps in below freezing wet and snow. The creek crossings were warmer than the air.

I'll be up in Auburn next month with the MTBR crew.

Kids are great. My 15 and almost 17 yr old ride with me when they visit. The 15 yr old lost his lunch last year climbing Orchard at Briones - I guess I pushed him too hard or he ate too much for lunch...cut the ride short since he didn't feel like climbing the rest of the way up to the OBR staging area.

The 16 yr old took her first MTB related digger over the summer. It was a slow JRA on a gravelly fireroad. Happened just as fast as she could take her hand off the bar and point to something and say "hey dad, look at..." I proceeded to have her wait at the Bear Creek SA and made it back over to the OBR SA in less than 15 min.

I can't wait to do it all over again with my 4-mo old.