Quantcast

Serenity

Yes, great movie, even if you weren't into the series (Firefly). There's a couple of brief instances of semi-lame dialog and cliche actions sequences, but by and large it's smartly written and pretty well acted/edited. Jayne rocks. :thumb:

That Seinfeld pic is classic. It's a little disturbing you actually have it hanging anywhere clearly visible, but hey.... :eek: ;)

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
LordOpie said:
Loved the movie!

But I was so friggin' pissed that they killed a particular crew member.
No kidding. I sure didn't expect to see that happen. It was a good movie too. Way better than that drivel from Lucas.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
as a recent firefly convert/new fan, i really dug the movie quite a bit. couple of good plot twists that i didn't see coming, which was awesome! the wit in the writing is definitely what makes it, total agreeance that the "sci fi-ness" of it all is fairly secondary. good schtuff! :thumb:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Serenity rocked. I watched the Firefly series the week before seeing it. Fox screwed up cancelling that series, it was really good. The movie didn't bother with too much background on the characters, so watching the series helped give it depth.

The thing I really like about the series is its a gritty,lived in future. No super clean, sleekness. Not to mention some absolutely great one liners from the characters. "I ate a bug"

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Zark said:
Serenity rocked. I watched the Firefly series the week before seeing it. Fox screwed up cancelling that series, it was really good. The movie didn't bother with too much background on the characters, so watching the series helped give it depth.

The thing I really like about the series is its a gritty,lived in future. No super clean, sleekness. Not to mention some absolutely great one liners from the characters. "I ate a bug"
While that was funny, it pales compared to Wash's "I'm a leaf on the wind, watch me soar..."

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I bought the dvd last night on Skook's recomendation and I was not disappointed.

The movie is very good. It's top drawer stuff.

:thumb:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
If you liked the movie, you should pick up the DVD set of Firefly (the series that Serenity came out of).