Quantcast

Serious health question

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Anyone ever have a Kidney infection? Currently I cant go more than about two hours without having to go, and I am getting some uncomfortable back pain. Found some stuff online, but I am wondering if anyone else has had a Kidney infection before, and what they felt when/if they did

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
kidney stone...

if you have that, you will know it because you will be in the hospital or passed out because of the intense pain

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Yeah had one of those before, that was horrid, this isnt that type of pain, just a dull underneath the muscle type pain. All I know so far, is if I still feel like this in two days, I am going to see the professionals about it.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I've had one (kidney infection). It involved lots of throwing up (though this doesn't happen for everyone). Try the murphy's punch (a gentle tap on the kidney). They did this to me in the ER and I nearly doubled over screaming in pain. Could also be a UTI. Feel better!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Still - I'm thinking kidney stone. Mine felt like I was punched in the kidney, more of a numb muscle pain to start before the more gut wrenching vomit inducing drop to the floor pain that came later.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Yeah My wife tried giving me a backrub and it made me want to puke, Badly. No sever pain from contact yet, biggest reason I ask is that everything I found online basically says a Kidney Infection most likely comes from a bladder infection. Rarely from the blood stream itself. Thanks for the responces, God I hope its not a stone.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I had trouble because the pain was not totally localized. It was kind of all over and even made my stomach ache. Yes, the bladder has a tube that connects to the kidney (bacteria travel up). IMHO it's best to get it checked. I waited (mainly b/c no one knew what it was) and finally had to be put on an IV of antibiotics.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
my kidney stone started out as a dull pain in my back. first felt it after a ride, so i thought i had tweaked something. about 2 weeks later is when i finally had to be taken to the emergency room. while there, i peed in a cup...girlfriend used the bathroom after me and said someone dripped blood on the floor. that was my peepee. no pain when passing the stones (3 total), but when they were moving around inside me, holy ****.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I was sick in Europe for about 2 weeks with a cold and bronchitis. It ended w/ a kidney infection. Hard to sit down for long periods of time, it feels like someone kicked you in the lower back.

I got over it but I was worried there for awhile.

Get lots of fluids and vitamins, cranberry and pomegranate juice, etc. Echinachea/goldenseal tablets work wonders.