Quantcast

Serious Photoshop cropping and resizing help needed

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I need help here!

I'm totally lost in what I need to be doing. I am doing projections for a show, and the screen is 25x17ft. I figured that the images I have would need to be the same aspect, so I figured I could make them 12.5inx8.5in.

I would like to keep them at a high DPI, like. 250-300.

All of them need to be cropped, and then resized to be that size.

Is there a way to Crop somthing to a specific size? the only way I know to crop is with the marquee tool.

I am totally lost, but I am just expected to know how to do this for school. No one knows anything about whats going on, and no one knows how to use Photoshop. I am fairly fluent in it, but I do not know how to crop and make everything the same, because they are all at different DPI and different sizes.

Is there an easy way to go about this? I am using PhotoShop CS 8

Please Help me!

Thanks!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
use the marquee tool. restrict its aspect ratio to 25 x 17 (you have a choice of Normal, Fixed Aspect Ratio, Fixed Size). don't resize the image. at the end you can interpret it as any ppi that you wish -- just don't throw away any data by downsampling.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Toshi said:
use the marquee tool. restrict its aspect ratio to 25 x 17 (you have a choice of Normal, Fixed Aspect Ratio, Fixed Size). don't resize the image. at the end you can interpret it as any ppi that you wish -- just don't throw away any data by downsampling.

Oh, wow. I didnt know the Marquee tool had those options :stupid:

See, this is why RM is the best. Thanks Toshi!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
FIrst size it with image>image-size (but dont warp it) then crop it to your exact measurement with image>canvas-size

Or create a new document that is the size you want and cut and paste the image in there and use the transform tool to size that layer how you like.