Quantcast

Seriously, how lazy is this country?!?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
what would women do if men didnt invent stuff like this to make themselve obselete?

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
hahaha hold up...I just noticed the "pro model" it says its just a few dollars more and it has "sleek" chrome and black "styling" that is sure to impress frineds and neighbors. lmao. Yeah i can just see someone saying wow cool jar lid opener...i see you went with the pro...good thing, its so sleek and stylish

Tashi

Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
Wow, holy lack of empathy Batman.

Pro model: Don't you spend a little more to make sure that the crap on your counter looks good? Makes sense to me.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I know this is meant for use by the elderly, but be serious now you know that normal capable people will buy this contraption. If I ever went over to a friends house and saw a pro series jar opener well I don't know what I would do. Like I said it is fine to me if it is used by people who aren't strong enough to open jars, but as far as the other people are concerned it is no wonder to me why Americans are getting lazier and more overweight even as I am writing this post.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
One time we got this can of atrichokes and we couldnt get it open. Finally we drilled a hole in the side of the lid and it came off. Damn artichokes almost ruined the BBQ.

Im with Gumbafish, people should just buy a drill, they have more purposes any way.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
you should only be able to buy one if you don't have hands!
Even then there is that dude with no arms that can do everything with his feet and plays the guitar!

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
its only Lazy if someone without arthritis gets it. Arthritis is crippling, I can understand how a person with it would want one of these

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
the way to make a million dollars is to invent something that allows people to do less work. C'mon guys and gals lets keep physical labor of any kind to a minumum. im so lazy i shuttle with a motorized bike so i dont have to pedal on the downhills

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
mack said:
yeah, but thats too much work. :eviltongu ;)

People, people......
This is obviously the sort of situation that handguns are designed for... easiest and most energy efficient jar opener on the planet. :thumb:

*edit* Also good for turning off TV's :p

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I saw an ad on tv last night from some place advertising pre-lit christmas trees.

Because, you know, all the time spent hanging those tree lights really takes away from enjoying Christmas... :rolleyes:

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
My mother-in-law doesn't always put caps "all the way" back on containers. The woman works out and has good strength. She just isn't into sealed containers I guess. I get stuff out of her frig and the cap almost falls off. Coke in 2-liter bottles goes flat in less than a day there. My wife has dropped jars in that house 'cuz she made the mistake of picking up by the lid, which subsequently removed itself.

If it's for an arthritic, I can understand. But I'm sure it will sell well with the lazy too.

Nice Pace Picante jar in the left-side picture.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Fathead said:
My mother-in-law doesn't always put caps "all the way" back on containers. The woman works out and has good strength. She just isn't into sealed containers I guess. I get stuff out of her frig and the cap almost falls off.

I am seriously guilty of doing that :confused:

for some odd reason, I can't quite get my hands to understand the concept of screwing the lids on correctly.

which also means that I totally fckd up my clipless pedals and stripped the arms.

I need help

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
BurlyShirley said:
what would women do if men didnt invent stuff like this to make themselve obselete?

...obsolete....

Actually, I was thinkin' it was for disabled people. Like when I couldn't use my dominant arm for over 6 mos, this would've been great! Altough, I'm sure there's lazy people out there, like Bigmike...:D

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Fathead said:
My mother-in-law doesn't always put caps "all the way" back on containers.
there's only one thing i do this to and that is 2-liter bottles and that's because if you screw them on too tight, those fockers get tighter whilst sitting in the fridge. i used to get so pissed at my brother cause he'd screw them way too tight and i couldn't get them back open, arg!

now what they NEED to invent for types like my bro, is a device that senses when a cap is being screwed on too tight then adjust to proper tension....or at least emit a shock to stop the offender...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Lucee said:
...obsolete....

Actually, I was thinkin' it was for disabled people. Like when I couldn't use my dominant arm for over 6 mos, this would've been great! Altough, I'm sure there's lazy people out there, like Bigmike...:D

Exactly...or people with carpel tunnel or other injuries...Hell I was trying to get a lid off a jar once and it would NOT come off no matter what...I felt a weird tweek in my hand that made it sore for a couple of days...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Lucee said:
...obsolete....

i now actually have an electric can opener cause even now that i have been completeely released from the doctor i cant and never will be able to use a can opener with my right hand. now that i think about it i wont ever be able to wipe with my right ever again either.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Megan Black said:
now what they NEED to invent for types like my bro, is a device that senses when a cap is being screwed on too tight then adjust to proper tension....or at least emit a shock to stop the offender...
Oh yah, I put 'em on too tight to open by hand. . . that's what teeth are for.

Some people just aren't programmed to handle soft, weak, or brittle materials. We overtighten caps, faucets, nuts, bolts, etc. Snapped bolts and studs are an unfortunate byproduct. Default torque setting = "tighten until stripped, then back off 1/4-turn."

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
My cousin had a clapper in the guest room of his house, which was right next to the door, and across from the living room. he lived in one of those oldschool houses that was made back in the 1920's, and the floor shakes when you walk around on it. so the clapper would go off everytime we'd walk across the room, and even when we had the surround sound hooked up. i think he got so pissed off at it that he threw it away.