Quantcast

ServeEm's Solid

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
This was my xmas present to me, but just got around to snapping shots of her. Not as pretty as day one but she's still a looker. She's a change from my previous WarPig which is now retired on the garage wall.

Frame: Solid AA 21"
Fork: Macneil ID
Bars: Solid Roseanne Bars 31"
Stem: Shadow Rant
Cranks: Profile 180
Wheels: Ody 14mm from my old set up

Yea she's really 31" wide on the bars and I love it. I know some will flame but they don't get in the way and feel really comfortable. My rotations feel way easier and the tech tricks are just the same. Hops are butter with the 9" rise. I've been having issues with the chain tension so I put tape on the stay to avoid the paint scuffing. Next step is the wheel build, I'll be going 36h but nothing crazy light. Don't know the weight yet but she's def lighter than my pig.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Nice bike, swerve'em. The raw red is sexy. I was just thinking the other day that I wouldn't mind trying taller bars on my burlish. The vertical distance between the bb and the grips is taller on my hardtail than the 20. That doesn't seem right.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Good memory Lee, yea my WarPig is 19.75. I had my mind made that my new frame was gonna be atleast 20.5 cuz I'd ride my boy's rig which was 20.5. Then I saw this 21" AA at the shop on sale so I swooped on it.

At first I rode it with my old bars that were 7.5 rise and 26" wide. The frame length felt great and the bars were fine too. But I kept thinking that the bump in length turned out good so why not try a higher rise. I'm hella glad I did cuz it's been nothing but a blast to ride. The control is rediculously better.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
^^^that's why I've yet to trim any off my 27.5s and currently, I'm thinking about chrome classic slams. wide bars are the shiz...

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Yea I never thought I'd have a red bike but it grew on me. Actually being that Solid is a local company a lot of the locals have the same model and color. One day at the park there were three trans red AA's rolling around.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
as far as I'm concerned, red is the only color for a bmx bike. Mine at least..:D

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
killer ride ServeEm. Intense bars.

is that writing on the downtube that you can see a bit through the trans. red?
Smooth little Datsun too, stylin'.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
I'm guessing since that's a candy color, the writing you are seeing is the stamping on the tubing telling type/grade/etc.
yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.... can almost make out the word "tubing" under the paint, haha.... at first thought it was an odd reflection, but then I looked closer.