Quantcast

Service guarantees citizenship!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i too see much merit to this program, but no sure i'm on board w/ your position that citizenship cannot be inherited. i may be with you if your belief is that being popped out is insufficient (i.e., parents were non-citizens), as i think that fell out of favor 2 generations into our country's independence from the throne.
I just think it's like the kid who gets a Mercedes for his 16th birthday vs. the kid who works at the pizza joint after school and saves for his beater. My grandfather felt that it was every man's duty to do some level of public service (preferably military) in support of his country.

I'm not saying citizenship shouldn't be inherited, I just feel that those who earn it through service appreciated it and this country rather than the kid who pops out 14 kids and expects Uncle Sam and God will take care of the bill.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
i believe that you shouldn't be allowed to even debate any issue in the genre, on a policy level, unless you have first held some sort of public service profession.
Well then, I expect then you'll extend the same courtesy to other subjects when you post?

Yeah, that's what I thought...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Well then, I expect then you'll extend the same courtesy to other subjects when you post?

Yeah, that's what I thought...
re-read that one there Capt. Cynic.

i believe that you shouldn't be allowed to even debate any issue in the genre, on a policy level, unless you have first held some sort of public service profession.
i was referring only to those who make policy, not us political hacks masquerading as freedom fighters here in the PAWN

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
i was referring only to those who make policy, not us political hacks masquerading as freedom fighters here in the PAWN
Yeah, nothing works better than the police and military having unfettered and exclusive access to policy regarding their conduct.

You're familiar with CEOs stacking company boards with their friends and allies and how that becomes a problem, I assume? That's what you are arguing for...