Quantcast

Session 77 logos coming off.

ricrellim

Chimp
Aug 19, 2008
Colorado
I have an 07 session 77 anodized blue-grey. The Trek logo and "session 77" text is coming off and it looks real ghetto. The Frame itself still looks great. Is there a way to safely remove the flaking Trek Logo without damaging the anodized finish? I will try to post a pic tomorrow.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I have an 07 session 77 anodized blue-grey. The Trek logo and "session 77" text is coming off and it looks real ghetto. The Frame itself still looks great. Is there a way to safely remove the flaking Trek Logo without damaging the anodized finish? I will try to post a pic tomorrow.
The only way to fix it is to buy a new frame. I happen to have a brand new black session 77 frame for sale.

ricrellim

Chimp
Aug 19, 2008
Colorado
The one thing that has worked a little was putting duct tape over the text and them ripping it off. I have only gotten so far with that. Thanks for your advice on buying a new frame.

Last edited:

ricrellim

Chimp
Aug 19, 2008
Colorado
I am not sure what you mean by Raw. it is dyed during the anodizing process. The color is kind of in the aluminum. I was scared that a harsh solvent would remove the die. That would look crappier than the logo's. If a solvent will not hurt the dye I am willing to give it a shot. Maybe I could try it somewhere hidden like on the BB or something.

ricrellim

Chimp
Aug 19, 2008
Colorado
I called an anodizing shop in Denver and the guy suggested I use MEK. It stunk like hell but did the trick. you can still see the outline but it is WAY better than before. Now I just need to put some huffy stickers on there just to throw folks off.

Last edited: