Quantcast

session 77

Mtblucaso

Chimp
Nov 25, 2007
im thinking about getting a 2006 trek session 77 instead of my 2006 kona stinky witch one do you think is better for diablo?:pirate2:

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
They're probably about the same. Should have similar geo and rear travel (assuming its an 05 or more recent frame). Both I think are more freeride oriented bikes

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
How is the kona stinky for x.c riding does it have a good pedaling platform for hills? I'm looking to get something for freeride and x.c that i can ride hard downhills and drops but still be able to ride it uphills without killing myself.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
How is the kona stinky for x.c riding does it have a good pedaling platform for hills? I'm looking to get something for freeride and x.c that i can ride hard downhills and drops but still be able to ride it uphills without killing myself.

btw i dont think you will have much fun on a stinky doing xc, but the stinky i havr rode was very stiff, witch i think its a plus. but the head tube angle will just kill you. i also here it is bad for your back because of the geo, but thats just what i here

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
if you want a bike you can ride xc and diablo with my friend has a mint trek liquid 65..... originally 3500 new now selling for 1500 bike has been ridden a handful of times

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
PSP might be onto something there... a Liquid will be a little more shaky at diablo compared to the session, but perform better for all-around riding.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
PSP might be onto something there... a Liquid will be a little more shaky at diablo compared to the session, but perform better for all-around riding.

Exactly, the Session77 will be slightly better at DH, but climbing or even heavy XC riding will be much worse, the Liquid65 is 10x better for an all around bike( 145mm travel up front and 125mm coil in the rear), i've ridden both.

PS, i'm the one PSP is talking about selling the Liquid65.

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
Hey you guys i have the chance to buy a 7.7 ironhorse like brand new only been ridden maybe 6 times max Its all stock for about 950.00 I think its a great deal huh ? I have a d.h bike already for diablo.Iwas going to use it for around where i live doing some freeride and x.c riding have any of you ridden one? All in all i thinkfor the money i can't loose.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
thats a good bike but to much for xc riding, you are probably thinking about agressive all mountain riding and even then 5-6 inches will do you fine.