Quantcast

Sette Shadow

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
That's Pricepoint's in-house brand, a-la Weyless from Supergo. I'd look elsewhere. IMO a Steelhead would be a better buy.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Are you gonna run SS or gears? Disc or v-brakes? 26" wheels or 24" wheels? Street and jumps only, or trails too?

Check the "hardtail frames and geometrys" sticky in this forum for some ideas.

johnnydoyle

Chimp
Jun 30, 2006
Denver, CO
It's going to be SS for now, probably rim brake for now, but only because budjet concerns don't allow an expensieve build (and I'm not willing to buy absolute bottom of the line stuff, I'd rather wait until I can afford good parts). Street and jumps primarily, though I'd hope it had some mountain cross in it's future. I have an XC bike, so not much trail use. If anyone has a steelhead (or something else) they want to unload, let me know.

-JD

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
A Steelhead sounds ideal for what you want to do, just run a short fork and it'll work great. Like 4" travel MAX.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I don't see what's inherently wrong with the frame-It's just a catalog frame out of Taiwan (like 75% of the aluminum FR/DJ frames out on the market), but it seems somewhat large for errbun and DJ.

johnnydoyle

Chimp
Jun 30, 2006
Denver, CO
Well, wheelworld.com has steelheads for $150, which seems like a better bike for less money, so... I'm thinking about doing a Psylo SL on it, set at 100mm.