Quantcast

Seven Springs

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Anyone making their way out to 7 Springs this weekend? Found my way on to a 4 person expert team at the last minute.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
It was on my list, but my procrastination on getting a team together has forced my hand and now I'll be doing Shenandoah 100. Good luck to you and your team.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
peter6061 said:
It was on my list, but my procrastination on getting a team together has forced my hand and now I'll be doing Shenandoah 100. Good luck to you and your team.
Enjoy the Shen. Awesome race, I was planning on doing it but my motivation for a 10 hour sufferfest dropped when offered a spot on a team. The 50 mile or so mark has you riding Braleys pond, such a kick ass trail.

s

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TreeSaw said:
So, how did it go?
Was a great time. Trails were super fun and fairly technical. The race was very well managed. An event I would recommend to all. All my team mates are really fast. They had raced the 24 hrs of Big Bear and got second to the Visit.PA.Com team (fully sponsored, big fancy team). They had all hoped to give these guys a run for their money this time around, a David vs Goliath situation. Everyone else on the team had fast consistant laps while I was all over the place. My first lap I flatted and my 4th I started getting a fever that screwed up my equalibrium, I could barely walk straight let alone ride, crashed 7 times and mangled a derailleur leaving me with only a few gears.

I ended up getting the last lap and it was an important one, with third only a few minutes back I had to put in a solid lap to maintain our placing. Luckily I felt better than I had all day and put in my fastest lap and we ended up landing a solid third place.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
Was a great time. Trails were super fun and fairly technical. The race was very well managed. An event I would recommend to all. All my team mates are really fast. They had raced the 24 hrs of Big Bear and got second to the Visit.PA.Com team (fully sponsored, big fancy team). They had all hoped to give these guys a run for their money this time around, a David vs Goliath situation. Everyone else on the team had fast consistant laps while I was all over the place. My first lap I flatted and my 4th I started getting a fever that screwed up my equalibrium, I could barely walk straight let alone ride, crashed 7 times and mangled a derailleur leaving me with only a few gears.

I ended up getting the last lap and it was an important one, with third only a few minutes back I had to put in a solid lap to maintain our placing. Luckily I felt better than I had all day and put in my fastest lap and we ended up landing a solid third place.
Sounds like a fun course ;) Glad to hear your team finished well. I am sure you did well under the conditions and made your team proud :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:

podium . yay! :dancing: