Quantcast

Seven Springs

simontac

Chimp
Jul 29, 2010
So the fiancee and myself are going to Seven Springs July 17-20. Looking forward to it. It offered the best value (golf & spa) for our dollar it seemed - half price spa day, and the cheaper golf packages (we are not very good) was the clincher over Lake Placid/Mountain Creek. With the great deal on Spa stuff, she will definitely spend an afternoon or two getting all spoiled, and that works great for me because I get to ride then!

So is there anything I need to know about Seven Springs DH? Any special trails, things to look out for... Any pointers for riding Seven Springs? I see its not the biggest vertical or craziest terrain, but the videos look good and it seems to have a fun vibe.

As for Whiteface/Diablo, I am not too upset about missing them because a couple of us are going to the 5K race in September at Whiteface, and also going to Diablo in mid August for a few days - so we will get our fill of both then.

Anyway - if anyone is riding Seven Springs July 17-20, keep an eye out for the crazy ole bearded canuck and say hi - EH!!

Thanks

Mr Lahey

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
7 Springs has the best lift service you will encounter- it's a 6 pack chairlift running at full throttle. The trails lack variety, however they are typically very hard packed, fast, and fun. The Eric Carter trail (EC) is what is used for the GES race and offers the only rocks there worth riding. Frankenstien is all rock, however it is completely flat and really not too enjoyable to ride as it is just slow speed "rock crawling". The staff is very friendly and they have a well stocked shop should you need pads etc.

simontac

Chimp
Jul 29, 2010
Thanks for the reply! I can't wait. Most everything I ride is strewn with rock (which I love) but a change to high speed flowy fun will be awesome for a few days.
Thanks for the input. Anyone have experience with the shuttle service. Looks like if i ride during the week its shuttle service only??