Quantcast

sexy brakes

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
still waitin on some red straitline levers but still, they look good! thanks to Jason at sicklines.

front added 39g and rear added 34g (rear was less because 4-5 inches of line were dropped as well)

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
you said that was your big ass lense on your camera when I was searching for my master link in front of you :shocked:

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
So help me understand here.
Did he sell you the Juicy 7's with Code calipers, Code brakes with Juicy levers or did you have to pay for all four sets of brakes?

Or to put it differently, how much extra did you have to pay to get them to come set up like that?
still waitin on some red straitline levers but still, they look good! thanks to Jason at sicklines.

front added 39g and rear added 34g (rear was less because 4-5 inches of line were dropped as well)

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
So help me understand here.
Did he sell you the Juicy 7's with Code calipers, Code brakes with Juicy levers or did you have to pay for all four sets of brakes?

Or to put it differently, how much extra did you have to pay to get them to come set up like that?
i bought juicy carbons with my bike and sent my brakes in to get code calipers on them, go to your local bike shop and ask them to order you code calipers or w/e through BTI you can also order the ultimate lever assembly so you can run the ultinate/code set up, or you can do the easy thing and go to sicklines.com and have jason do it for you

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
I am not asking for an exact figure, but what was the difference in price between a set of Juicy's and a set of custom Code caliper and Juicy or ultimate lever combo?

I have to assume the price will be more for the calipers/levers/brake lines/hardware ala carte then buying a pre-bled set of brakes.
My question is how much; like 10%, 20%, 50%?

I had Codes on my Enduro for all of one ride. Then some one let themselves into my house with a crow-bar. I guess they get to break in the new brakes?
i bought juicy carbons with my bike and sent my brakes in to get code calipers on them, go to your local bike shop and ask them to order you code calipers or w/e through BTI you can also order the ultimate lever assembly so you can run the ultinate/code set up, or you can do the easy thing and go to sicklines.com and have jason do it for you

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
well i do know the wholesale price, but i cannot give that out. im going to say code calipers/hoses/ultimate levers will be about 290-300 each. price difference is like email admin@sicklines.com theyll do it for you for not too much and the turn around time is next to nothing, ive been brakeless for 3 days and theyll show up tmrw! just get some calipers on your juicys, that would be money!

as for buying seperatly, i think it the best way is through sicklines

Eren

ps i didnt really get your question, so sorry

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
I see that at a few of the online places that the codes are from $199-230 an end.
Your saying that to get the set-up you have will be $290-300 an end?
So $90-100 and end or $180-200 for both sets?

My question was what is the price difference. I think that answers the question.
Seems pretty steep?
well i do know the wholesale price, but i cannot give that out. im going to say code calipers/hoses/ultimate levers will be about 290-300 each. price difference is like email admin@sicklines.com theyll do it for you for not too much and the turn around time is next to nothing, ive been brakeless for 3 days and theyll show up tmrw! just get some calipers on your juicys, that would be money!

as for buying seperatly, i think it the best way is through sicklines

Eren

ps i didnt really get your question, so sorry

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
im saying around 300 not for an end, but for a complete brakesystem. if you buy the calipers(code)/hoses/lever assemblies(ultimate levers/master cylinder and everything) but if you want to buy just code calipers around 100 each plus 25-30 for each new hose