Quantcast

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
On dirt as a "mystery prototype", some comments elude to it being a bike from "Superstar":

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/mystery-prototype-dirthq.html

Same bike as the KHS prototype and a bunch of other bikes out there, the Astro AFDHA:

This one looks to have the "prettiest" paint job of the iterations I've seen so far..

krafstoff:

detail on floating shock setup:

Radon:

KHS:

Cult Maschina?:

Raw "Monster" mystery bike:

Lee Cougan X-LERATOR F1:

Probably the ugliest iteration, but at least we have some geo numbers:
One size
ST: 15.45"
TT: 22"(effective not actual)
HT: 4.3"
CS: 17.5"
HA: 65
From here: http://www.leecougan.eu/detail.php?ID=184&Anno=2011
Better yet, looks like another brand is offering a geo-chart,
PACO Rama DH:

Add yet another, Polygon Collosus(mondraker-esque white paintjob):

Link to the Polygon: http://int.polygoncycle.com/index.php?pgid=d_bike&bikeid=220&id=544&par=5

Last edited:

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I wonder how much those suckers cost. It would be stellar to be able to buy a bunch of them, then resell them direct to racers cheap.

Assuming of course, that the bastards work in the first place.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I wonder how much those suckers cost. It would be stellar to be able to buy a bunch of them, then resell them direct to racers cheap.

Assuming of course, that the bastards work in the first place.
I'll roll into the pits in a van, "hey my boss ordered a bunch of these frames, but they sent us a bunch of extras, wanna buy a bike?"

:rofl:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Concentric bottom bracket. Right? Didn't someone used to have a link to the catalog mfg website before? I thought I remembered reading specs for it off there before.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
sell 'em new w/o warranty for $400 (no shock). Make a killing.

If the thing performs even 90% as good as a Sunday, I'd ride it for that cheap ass price. spend the money saved on single-season ultralight wheels and custom suspension valving.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Most importantly;

Can you use it for freeriding?
Does it have clearance for a 3" tire?
Does it come in rootbeer?
What's the BB Height?
How many shimz does it have and can it be upgraded to moar?
How many patents does it have and when were they filed?

And lastly..... how does it perform under fallatio???

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
I've got the skeeze on the canadian(dunno if its the same as the u.s.) paint on the KHS proto.... it beats them all... go check out the KHS XC carbon fully and you'll get an idea

Edit

Last edited:

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
I enjoy american classic wheels on a canadian team bike.
we have a roadbike from KHS this coming year as well called the flight pro, duraace/ultegra, american classic carbon areo rims and an intergrated post carbon frame for 4g's msrp

ill shoot some pics up of the "DH-300" when we get it next month/first of jan

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
i'd be curious to see what the lowest sample size that they would sell you would be. If someone wanted to try one i'd be willing to pool up and get one. is that even possible?

bogusbill

Chimp
Oct 16, 2009
I enjoy american classic wheels on a canadian team bike.
American classic wheels that are made in Asia (not sure as to Taiwan or China, could be the same factory as the frame was made), Is there a North American made wheel? "it's the new mother nature taking over".

SthFRider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2008
Atlanta,Ga
Most importantly;

Can you use it for freeriding?
Does it have clearance for a 3" tire?
Does it come in rootbeer?
What's the BB Height?
How many shimz does it have and can it be upgraded to moar?
How many patents does it have and when were they filed?

And lastly..... how does it perform under fallatio???
Winner.... hilarious...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
kind of want. I'm actually really tempted by the swette vexx, it might be a bit of a pig, but with headset cups you have decent geometry in a 700$ frame. Send the vivid off to PUSH or avyfy it, and you have what appears to be a pretty decent frame, with a decent pivot location, a decent linkage, and decent angles. Won't have the yaw or torx of the new DHR, but it costs 2500 less.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
So whats the minimum we can buy on the ride monkey "pooflinger"....
Looking at 1 to 10 for test units. All will have to be the same size too. Have been talking to these guys for a while now. Not only looking at their frames, but cost to build a frame I have designed. At this time I really don't know what direction I want to go. $$ is very tight with going through a Divorce right now. Just gave my Lawyer $5000. My son comes before any Bike related projects.

Still think this frame will be great for the cost. No I am not going to give out that info. Let’s just say my goal was to put a package together for frame, rear shock, head set and fork to retail around $1800. This would be all Mid level parts. I know it can be done.

Cecil

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I can get this frame too. I think we have already seen this one out in the market or one much like it. I have marked over the name on the frame in this picture. Sorry I am not giving up all my sources at this time, but will say there are other very nice E-Catalog Frames out there other than the Astro Frame.

Cecil

Attachments

Last edited:

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
I can get this frame too. I think we have already seen this one out in the market. I have marked over the name on the frame in this picture. Sorry I am not giving up all my sources at this time, but will say there are other very nice E-Catalog Frames out there other than the Astro Frame.

Cecil
interesting.. verrry interesting..

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
I can get this frame too. I think we have already seen this one out in the market. I have marked over the name on the frame in this picture. Sorry I am not giving up all my sources at this time, but will say there are other very nice E-Catalog Frames out there other than the Astro Frame.

Cecil
G***o?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
None of this is 'top secret'.
Contact the Taiwan Bicycle show, order the official directory for $30, and get to ordering.