Quantcast

SF Valley BMX track??

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Rocky Point Church BMX track, in Chatsworth off Santa Susanah Pass. Will open in about 2 weeks. Pretty slick track! NBL.

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
I know. You and I have been riding there for atleast a decade. Rocky Peak is closer to home for me...and it has shade! And most importantly, is NBL.

ABA sucks ass.

Sep 10, 2001
ABA and NBL both have the pros and cons... But I'll be blowing the dust off the NBL cards and showing up at Rocky Peak, too. I need to use the thing more than once a year.:D

Brian

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
I'm looking for a new track in my area. I rode Sycamore for the first time in about 8 years and was a little dissapointed... the jumps have gotten really flat. I remembered them being bigger and steeper. So have any of you guys been to this one yet? If so have any feedback?

Sep 10, 2001
I tried to go the other week... I found a locked gate..... Track looked pretty good though.. I need to call the TO and find some more definite hours...

Brian

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
Brian Peterson said:
I tried to go the other week... I found a locked gate..... Track looked pretty good though.. I need to call the TO and find some more definite hours...

Brian

I found this on the NBL website

Chatsworth 1346
Kids Future Now BMX
Chris Brown
(818) 709-0113 (W)
Track Info...
Registration: Saturday 4:30pm-6pm, Race: ASAP, Practice: Tuesday & Thursday 5pm-8pm. Directions: 118 off at Topanqa South to first light, turn right on Santa Susana, go about 1/2 mile on left, look for "Kids Future Now" sign and turn left.

I'll probaly check it out thursday night.

Sep 10, 2001
Yeah, I tried to call that number, but did get much out of it... Somewhere I have Chris' cell number... I have known the guy for a long time.... I will try to get out there again after Reno...

Brian

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
wow! i just randomly saw this thread. this place is 5 mins from my house and i knew nothing about it. but i am away at college. im totally gonna ride here over xmas break.
do they allow mtn bikes?
what is this place like?

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
anyone?! im so excited to ride this track. do u know if sycamore bmx allows mtn bikes? i havent been there since i was in 8th grade. about about santa clarita? do they allow mtn bikes?

also, do u knw if you have to get an ABA or NBL membership to practice?

Sep 10, 2001
Both Sycamore and Santa Clarita will allow mountain bikes to come out and ride... I sometimes use my DS bike in the cruiser class just to do something a little different.. But expect to have to buy at least a 30 day temp membership to be able to ride.

Brian

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
nice. 30 days will be good for thanksgiving-xmas break. ya i want to ride my mtx/ds bike there. are the jumps nice?

are there any othe rpeople that are riding mtn bikes there?

Sep 10, 2001
Both tracks are pretty nice... More jumps at Santa Clarita. Plus the pro section if you are up for it... Simi is still pretty fun, I try to get out there at least once a month for a change of pace from riding Santa Clarita all the time. Usually a few MTB riders at Santa Clarita, I don't know about Simi...

Brian

Sep 10, 2001
Not yet.... Haven't had a chance to try and get back out there.... Looked pretty good when I drove by one afternoon... I went to go race and found a locked gate...

Brian

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
marlopez said:
sweet. you havent ridden the chatsworth one have you?

-mario
Okay, jsut talked to a friend of a friend of Chris' and I guess the scope is that they just got the gate in after a long wait. They are now waiting to pour some aspahlt (my guess is for the berms). So it will be open in the future, but I doubt it will be in time for your Thanksgiving trip back to SFV.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
redical said:
Okay, jsut talked to a friend of a friend of Chris' and I guess the scope is that they just got the gate in after a long wait. They are now waiting to pour some aspahlt (my guess is for the berms). So it will be open in the future, but I doubt it will be in time for your Thanksgiving trip back to SFV.
horsepoop! its not even open yet? darn i guess ill hav eto go to simi or santa clarita

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
i just drove by the chatsworth track. i had to look from up the hill b/c the gate was closed. but it looked pretty cool. i didnt notice if the starting gate was up or not yet. but the dude at valley bicycles said that they dont have a gate yet. anyway...i recommend to not go to valley bicycles they wouldnt let me use a pump to put a tube in my tire....................................

on another note. if anyone is down to go to sycamore bmx in simi, with me tomorrow. im gonna be there at 5.

Sep 10, 2001
I would double check and make sure they are open this week.... Just in case the track opperators are going to the ABA Grands this week.... Better safe than sorry...

Brian

Sep 10, 2001
No problem. Chance are they will be, but I don't know for sure.

On a side note,Santa Clarita will be open this week.... I get to help keep it open while our track op is in Tulsa...

Brian

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
are u going to be there today? will you allow me to ride my mtb? do i have to have an ABA membership? i have a NORBA one heh

Sep 10, 2001
Santa Clarita isn't open tonight... We will be open Tuesday and Wednesday for practice starting at 6:30.... Closes somewhere around 8:30... Usually 9:00... And we will racing on Friday and Saturday, sign ups 6:30 to 7:30.

You will at least need a temporary membership... Cost, $15.00

Brian