Quantcast

shall we gather this weekend?...

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
Greensboro, Winston Salem, High Point...Central NC - Who's riding this weekend?...where?...details, directions?...

it would be great fun to rally the troops and session in numbers this Saturday or Sunday?...Post ideas, lets see what we can get going?...

danW

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Greensboro, Winston Salem, High Point...Central NC - Who's riding this weekend?...where?...details, directions?...
Big urban ride on Saturday, the 24th. Check out the thread in my Signature "Triad Urban Rides". I was also thinking about going Fishin', or hitting the Cone Dirt Jumps. Any thoughts?

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
ZachTheMech said:
We all could meet at my dads house on Oahu in Hawaii this weekend and go session the stuff here !!! muahahahah

see ya when i get back.
Talk about Pete rubbing it in....Hawaii...:nuts: Did you get to take your bike with you?

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
How bout some chapel-hill-high-school trail (estes) shredage this weekend? They have some sick-nasty stuff out there! :love:
Includes: 25 foot trail gap
20 foot creek gap
Some drops
Random skinnies here and there
Mannnny dirt jumps. 4 small ones, and many medium sized ones. (About a 10 foot gap, 5 or 6 feet high) :)

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Guard said:
Talk about Pete rubbing it in....Hawaii...:nuts: Did you get to take your bike with you?
No. Sherri wouldnt let me spend the 160 bucks it was gonna cost.

My dad said i should plan a trip where i bring my bike tho and plan it around one of there DH races next year.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
ZachTheMech said:
No. Sherri wouldnt let me spend the 160 bucks it was gonna cost.

My dad said i should plan a trip where i bring my bike tho and plan it around one of there DH races next year.
Tell me you've talked you dad into riding one of his bikes...if not you at least need to get some cool pics of the trails.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
haromtnbiker said:
How bout some chapel-hill-high-school trail (estes) shredage this weekend? They have some sick-nasty stuff out there! :love:
Includes: 25 foot trail gap
20 foot creek gap
Some drops
Random skinnies here and there
Mannnny dirt jumps. 4 small ones, and many medium sized ones. (About a 10 foot gap, 5 or 6 feet high) :)
That would kick ass if I can find a way down there. What time you thinking?

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
WKC said:
That would kick ass if I can find a way down there. What time you thinking?

If we do this sunday (I have stuff on Saturday most likely) I will be skipping a bmx comp to go to this. Hmmm..... Me riding killer trails vs me riding a skate park and maybe winning some stuff. I have no clue which to do.

Anyway, if it goes down, how bout around noon-ish time! :cool:

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Guard said:
Tell me you've talked you dad into riding one of his bikes...if not you at least need to get some cool pics of the trails.

Nope, Dad wont let me use the Demo 8 or 9 they have on the floor. even tho i got a couple of the shop guys to take my side :P

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
haromtnbiker said:
Anyway, if it goes down, how bout around noon-ish time! :cool:
Werd. Sounds good. Yeah, if my Banshee comes in by then I will definitely try to get down there. My FS needs some work, again. I just don't know what to expect with the Gemini, I'm used to a single-speed hardtail that ALWAYS works.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
What kinda banshee.

I think I will skip chhs this weekend unless alot of people are gonna be there and somebody wants to give me a ride. Damn gas. :mumble:
There is a bmx competion about 10 minutes from my house that is free. :D

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
...Haromtnbiker a.ka. (hmb...at least until i learn your name)

Perhaps you should take advantage of the bmx competition - it just seems like too many of the "locals" are scattered about this time...

I would like to get down your way to hit some of the freeride stuff (didnt' you post video/photos of a session w/Zack the troll and some others?)...anyway if it's the same spot I'm thinking about I'd like to get down there! I'll talk w/the Gboro locals and see if we cant get a bunch to journey your way soon...

Until then, go kick the pants off the competition! :thumb:

danW

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
DanW: My name is Folsom. Craig Folsom! ;)
I think you are thinking of either Tar river or Legend Park.
Too bad Tar river is closed, but Legend Park has some nice hucks!

Legend Pictures!

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
danW said:

it would be great fun to rally the troops and session in numbers this Saturday or Sunday?...Post ideas, lets see what we can get going?...

danW
Anyone wanna go to the Fishin' Hole, Country Park, or Cone sometime this weekend??? I'm probably going to take a rake out to Country Park tomorrow and attempt to remove a good portion of the rocks from the jumps, and might try to go Fishin' later on or maybe head to Cone. Anyone anyone?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i work until 430 but i'm sure noah would love to go to cp when i get home. i could be there around 515-530 if you wanted to wait that long. i went to salem yesterday and some of the stuff needs some work. we need to get a work day organized to repair some stuff.

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
I'm going early in the morning to practice on my cruiser - but I'll be there later on w/my Bullit - I wanna session the big jump some...does that jump have a name yet?...

danW

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Dan, you gonan be at CP around 530ish? if so ill be there gonna head there after work. Deviant helmet FINALLY came in :) thing looks sweet. its freakin lite too and its not even the carbon one.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
I'm thinking about doing a little lip work on the 6-pack at CP in the morning since the soil will have soaked a little from tonight's rain, but I'll definitely be out there around 4:30-5. So I'll probably see whoever shows up.