Quantcast

Shameless PLUG for an awesome Sweat Shirt

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So for months I've been debating buying one of Tame Ape's Laek House sweat shirts well finally I broke down and bought one since they're on sale!!!!

It arrived today and man I'm glad I ordered a slightly larger sweat shirt but it fits perfectly because I did!!
I f'ing love the feel of a brand new sweat shirt!!!

I picked up this bad boy!!!!

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
chicodude said:
Forty-five bucks? Wanna gimme a cost breakdown? Sheesh.
$37 for the sweatshirt alone on American Apparel's website. Overhyped threads, for sure. However, they are comfortable, preshrunk, and fitted for people that actually ride bikes (that is, not for a 37 y/o fat ass). With only an additional $8 for some pretty sweet artwork, I'd say it's not too bad a deal.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
sam_little said:
$37 for the sweatshirt alone on American Apparel's website. Overhyped threads, for sure. However, they are comfortable, preshrunk, and fitted for people that actually ride bikes (that is, not for a 37 y/o fat ass). With only an additional $8 for some pretty sweet artwork, I'd say it's not too bad a deal.
Jesus...nice fitting's all right, but if you had the stuff inhouse would be the way to go...My mother has five industrial sewing machines...time to present a business plan!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
chicodude, have you ever looked at the cost of hooded sweatshirts. it's un-****in'-real. $45 is on the low end. BMW (bike, not car) hoodies are like $65.

i was actually close to buying one of those, but i don't know if i really want to be affiliated with the fixie 'scene' down here. pathetic, i know. i do like the non-zippered one, though. no point in buying now since it's 79deg inside my apartment.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Man if I actually ever got cold I'd pay $45 bucks for that, it's freaking cool. Most skate/surf companies charge in that ballbark anyhoo. I'll be grabing a couple of the t-shirts as soon as I make some room in the closet. As it is I have almost 100 t-shirts so it looks like some lucky less fortunate peeps will get some bitchin' shirts.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MudGrrl said:
oooh.

I *really* like that design.

It's too dmn bad I already have about 6 bajillion cheap hoodies.
*psst*
They're not cheap though. They are really nice quality and great for the summer because they aren't real thick.

*end sales pitch*

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
the Inbred said:
chicodude, have you ever looked at the cost of hooded sweatshirts. it's un-****in'-real. $45 is on the low end. BMW (bike, not car) hoodies are like $65.
:stupid:

I paid $50 for a quality Nike hoodie and that was on clearance.

the Inbred said:

i was actually close to buying one of those, but i don't know if i really want to be affiliated with the fixie 'scene' down here. pathetic, i know. i do like the non-zippered one, though. no point in buying now since it's 79deg inside my apartment.
One week later $1.5 in your local thrift store...

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
We're printing everything on American Apparel right now. All design and production is handled in-house making Laek (pronounced 'lake') House a completely domestic company. Every item is actually printed to order which means it will take a little bit longer to get to you but gives it an artisan feel and assures perfection.

If you are not familiar with American Apparel&#8217;s shirts. They fit almost a size small and seem to be designed for skinny Italians.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
one time i bought a hoodie for 50 bucks. it was my 16th birthday. i wore it this morning and its just as comfortable and in the same great shape as the day i bought it. lets see 50 bucks for 8 years of wear, its worth it. that being said, it may be time for an update, and i love that hoodie.