Quantcast

Shamelessly looking for donations

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
About 6 months ago my sister in law was diagnosed with leukemia. The type she has, chemotherapy has not helped and they have moved onto other options. Over the last couple weeks, I learned that my sister has breast cancer. As a benefit and in their honor, on September 25th I'm participating in Crossfit's Fight Gone Bad 5. All proceeds not only go toward the Lance Armstrong Foundation, but also the Wounded Warrior Project and The Crossfit Foundation. The event will begin at 10am in the Charlotte's uptown Epicenter. To see what Fight Gone Bad is, check it out:
Basically 17 minutes of ass kicking.

So, if you can visit my page and drop a couple ducats. If I reach my goal of $500, I'll run a 5k first and then do Fight Gone Bad.
Donate

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
Thanks to everyone who has donated so far! I've reached $500 so it looks like I'm running a 5k first. Next goal is, if I reach $1k, I'll wear a tutu for both the 5k and fgb.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Thanks to everyone who has donated so far! I've reached $500 so it looks like I'm running a 5k first. Next goal is, if I reach $1k, I'll wear a tutu for both the 5k and fgb.
Sooooooo tempted to throw down $500 just to see this. Video of this event is guaranteed, right?;)

PS - going to Whiteface with Beau this weekend. Pumped!

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
Made it to Terre Haute IN for my sister in laws memorial and to support my bro. But, I want to lighten things up for a second with some observations. 1. Indiana is in the middle of no where 2. Indianians like corn 3. Indianians don't like car washes 4.Indianianianian State troopers are EXTREMELY nice.

badphish

Monkey
Feb 28, 2008
Sorry to hear that Jacob. Cancer has touched our family and several friends many times in the last few years. Some good outcomes and some bad. You said it best, **** you cancer.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I wish the best to you and your family, Cancer has affected my family many times, grandparents have been lost, an aunt had uterine cancer and fortunately my father pulled through his. I hope your family pull through and your 2 little girls are left healthy and well, anyone to else reading this message afflicted by this horrible illness i wish you the best.

P.S. well done for raising the much needed cash and awareness, you seem a real stand up guy

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
Hey, thanks Trib. I saw your post before but sometimes have a little trouble with talking about things.

Anyway, my sisters birthday was last week and I wanted to do something for her so I figured I'd surprise her by taking her out to dinner. She lives in central Mass, I live just outside of Charlotte. Also, I have NEVER been on a plane before due to an innate fear of flying. My friends and family didn't think I'd get on a plane and I'd end up driving. But, over the last few months I've done a lot of self realization and one thing was why should I be afraid of flying when my sister is beating cancer (me not flying was a pretty big issue)? So a few weeks ago I bought my tickets and this past Sunday away I went. I planned to take her out to dinner on Monday and my brother in law and nephews (she has 2 sons) knew. My buddy was driving me into our home town and I called my sis and asked what she was doing that night and if she wanted to go to dinner. She couldn't believe I was coming to town which was awesome. Anyway, I hung out with my nephews all day and played some hockey (one plays jr's). When she got in it was great and sad at the same time. I could feel how happy she was that I was there but at the same time I could feel the worry she had for herself which over the phone or email, you just don't sense. We went out to dinner, bull****ted and when we went back to the house she let me try on her wigs since I shave my head. We took pic's of both of us with her wigs on and bald. It was great. Today was her last chemo treatment and she got tatt'd for radiation yesterday. She's been great through the whole process. Hasn't missed work and she went snowmobiling Monday about 80 miles. In May she has her second mastectomy surgery and reconstruction. She beating the bag out of that dirt cancer bitch....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I'm coming into this thread late, but WOW!....just WOW! I wish your sister all the best. I have 2 close personal friends who have battled breast cancer (one of them twice). Both have undergone double mastectomies and reconstruction and more importantly, both are kicking cancer's ass! I wish your sister all the best and safe travels down this difficult road.

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
Sorry for the random bump but... my sister has been battling this shit bag breast cancer for almost 7 years. Over the last week she's taken a turn for the worst and tomorrow is D day where my BIL decided to take out her breathing tube and hope for the best, which is...... just be at peace. I've been going around and thanking those that have supported over the years in one way, shape or form. Random RM personnel donated and we thank you. It's not forgotten.

Last edited: