Quantcast

Shaq wants to be a Cop

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9329107/

Shaq is just a good dude.

The 7-foot-1 Miami Heat center, who is in the process of becoming a Miami Beach reserve officer, was driving on South Beach around 3 a.m. Sunday. He saw a passenger in a car yell anti-gay slurs at the couple, who were walking, said Bobby Hernandez, a spokesman for the Miami Beach Police Department.

The man then got out of the car and threw a bottle, hitting one of the pedestrians, who was not seriously hurt. The man got back in the car, which sped off. O’Neal followed, flagging down an officer who made an arrest, Hernandez said.
O’Neal, who hopes to be a police chief or county sheriff one day, was already being fitted for his Miami Beach police uniform before he helped the police out.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
That shows some character. Only problem is it might actually increase crime in Miami as people commit crimes hoping to be arrested by Shaq...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I Are Baboon said:
I heard this on ESPN Radio this morning. Shaq rocks. How rare...a multi-million dollar athlete on the GOOD side of the law.
The shame of it is that most of them are on the Good side of the law. They just live in the shadow of that small minority that can't get their sh!t straight. Living in Charlotte I see an unending string of Panther and Bobcat players, and NASCAR drivers doing unbelievable good works but it never seems to make the news.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I always thought that Shaq was, well, for lack of a better term, mentally challenged; I was wrong, he actually just earned his Master's Degree. Granted it was from the University of Phoenix, but it's cool nonetheless...

As for Shaq wanting to be a cop, he was actually made an honorary member of the Ventura, CA police department a few years ago. Shaq is actually a pretty decent guy, even though it may not always seem like it...

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
This is nothing new I remember Shaq making comments relating to his interest in law enforcement, dating back to His Orlando Magic days. It is refreshing seeing him persue such a noble interest.
I also hope this means we won't have to worry about his acting or rapping skills be displayed again.