Quantcast

Shark Week

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Ok, I'm am beyond excited that it's going on right now. I have been a certified scuba diver since I was 12 years old...so have been diving for 10 years. I've been DYING to go diving with sharks, not in a cage but just open water diving :)

Anyone else love shark week and or want to go diving with sharks? Now when I'm surfing or spearfishing I have a completely different opinion on sharks :P

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
The closest I want to get to a shark is my couch. There is something so awesome about Shark Week tho...seeing a Great White get fully out of the water to munch a seal is incredible. Talk about an apex predator!

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
When I was 12 visiting Bahia Honda, I jumped off the seawall right onto a 6 ft mako. Scared the **** out of the shark and scraped me up. I had no idea what happened until a very pale guy (who had been standing there) told me I teabagged a shark.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
My first language is Dutch but I'm also fluent in English and German.
And for your information I also speak some Spanish, French and Swedish.

If a guy makes a reference about swimming with sharks, not in a cage but in open water, and later asks if anyone else is keen on diving with sharks then I think my anwser is about as English as it gets.

So, anything else? :)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
My first language is Dutch but I'm also fluent in English and German.
And for your information I also speak some Spanish, French and Swedish.

If a guy makes a reference about swimming with sharks, not in a cage but in open water, and later asks if anyone else is keen on diving with sharks then I think my anwser is about as English as it gets.

So, anything else? :)
:rofl:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
When I was 12 visiting Bahia Honda, I jumped off the seawall right onto a 6 ft mako. Scared the **** out of the shark and scraped me up. I had no idea what happened until a very pale guy (who had been standing there) told me I teabagged a shark.
HAHA! By the state park there? My uncle used to live down the road in Cudjoe Key. Last Keys reef trip we took, my wife jumped off the boat right onto a 5 foot long striped nurse shark - never saw a nurse shark move as quick as it did!

While I missed it when we were out that way, there were a ton of Great White sightings at outer Cape Cod at Nauset Beach, Truro and P'town in mid to late July. The seal population has exploded recently, hence more shark sightings.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
HAHA! By the state park there? My uncle used to live down the road in Cudjoe Key. Last Keys reef trip we took, my wife jumped off the boat right onto a 5 foot long striped nurse shark - never saw a nurse shark move as quick as it did!

While I missed it when we were out that way, there were a ton of Great White sightings at outer Cape Cod at Nauset Beach, Truro and P'town in mid to late July. The seal population has exploded recently, hence more shark sightings.
Yup, the seawall under the old railway bridge. The tide rolls through there, so I was jumping in and cruising down to the other end. (I could have easily been pushed out to sea, I regularly courted death as a child) I had no clue (thought maybe I had hit a submerged log), but the dude said it was a mako for sure, only makos are that dark. Scraped me up pretty good, shark skin is fricking rough.

edit: That area is full of sharks. Go up on the railway bridge at noon and you can spot them all over.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Love shark week, though that guy who crawled out on the whale carcass to get close-ups of the white sharks feeding on said whale carcass... THAT GUY'S NUTS!!!

I was snorkeling during my honeymoon (Grand Cayman) and saw a smallish nurse shark about 20' away cruising the same reef I was... was VERY cool!