Quantcast

Sharpton to Bill Clinton: 'Shut Up'

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Don't be patronising Stink I am well aware of the context of the "black president" remark. Toni Morrison's remark actually re-inforces the point of Al's remarks i.e that black people related so well to Clinton because they related to him as a person not as a skin colour.
This bloggers attempts to be cynically funny fell flat in my book. Not in yours obviously.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"black people related so well to clinton", meaning what? just those who exhibited criminal behaviour or personal failure? how exactly is this not perpetuating racist stereotypes? this implies that entrepreneurial, upwardly mobile, family oriented blacks have no brief w/ bill?*

*(or is it boxers?)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
i'm lovin it:
A buddy of mine recently returned home to the states after a couple years teaching in the Czech Republic. He saw the McD's commercial for the "McSkillet" breakfast burrito and was all like "WTF? How do they get away with marketing like that?"
I guess its not as obvious to us because we've been eased into it, but it's pretty funny that they named the burrito "McSkillet" and use only black people in the commercials. :rofl:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
you should tell him about how the mcrib is marketed. (hint: they don't play flock of seaguls for bg music)

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Wasn't the whole "Mickey D's" thing when it started focused to the "urban" community?

Speaking of race, the news made a big deal about the first black referee this year in the Superbowl. WTF?/ Does it matter? I understand the barriers thing but seriously, it's old now. If race shouldn't be a factor and most minorities say that race shouldn't matter, then quit bringing it the F up!!!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Wasn't the whole "Mickey D's" thing when it started focused to the "urban" community?

Speaking of race, the news made a big deal about the first black referee this year in the Superbowl. WTF?/ Does it matter? I understand the barriers thing but seriously, it's old now. If race shouldn't be a factor and most minorities say that race shouldn't matter, then quit bringing it the F up!!!

...Christopher Columbus had no contribution to history, Indians were already here!