Quantcast

Shasta riding??

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
slalomrider1 said:
Well, im heading up for shasta next weekend to visit some friends and i was jsut wondering if there was anything decent to ride out there. ANYTHING DECENT! Preferably some downhillish freeride stuff, jumps, wahtever...just something to keep me intertained.

Thanks,

Damen

You can ride on Mt shasta i think......Rather than that All i know of is XC

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
There is a super fun dh/fr trail that starts up above the treeline (drive up the road as far as you can go to start). The trail decends all the way into Shasta City, when I rode it there were lots of jumps and a few stunts. It has some pedaling but not an unbearable amount. Ask for directions at the bike shop in Shasta, you will need precise directions. As I recall it takes an hour or so to ride all the way down.

Well, i just got back. I road that dh/fr trail and it was pretty sick. Some northshore, jumps and rock gardens, definately worth the 30 minute drive up. As for the ski resort, the day i got there i asked the people we were staying with and they work there during the winter and said it was closed this summer for biking. But that trail was enough for me so i jsut rode that a few times. Thanks for the hint soulrider.

-Damen