Quantcast

She Done!!!!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
well I finally got around to getting my bike built and I think it came together real well, I woke up at 7:30 this morning just so I could have time to chase/face b.b./headset and get it in one piece before the shop opened.... I finsihed after we closed......

lastnight

this mornin

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
yeah man for sure, Beast and Old Farm are calling my name!!!!

I'm off next sun.

anyone one wanna do a Brush Mtn Ride? Stoney? JayNCarp?

makin a few runs is always fun, maybe we could get a ride to the top a few times....

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
very nice ride. I'm jealous. How is the sherman working out? I dont know much about them.
If anyone wants to travel to the Buena Vista/Lexington area, we found this awesome DH run from the Parkway down to the bottom of the mountain. Takes about an hour because of some downed logs and a creek crossing or 2. There are 2 climbs but I'm over weight and out of shape and cleaned them with no problem. We're willing to run shuttle for free. Just to have someone to ride with.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
the sherman, so far so good, I'm impressed, my main concern has been with it's internal durability and how often I will have to service it, if it turns out to be a low maitance fork, I'm all for it!

If it turns out that I have to change the oil in the rebound leg and my seals go sh*tty real fast, my opinion will change fast, those are my only concerns and only time will tell........

wannabeabonedoc, you got any shots of this trail? I may have to come up and take a spin.......

just pedaling it around the yard, I noticed that this bike is gonna be a sh*tload of fun!!!!! :thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
that bike is a sexy bitch. my friend rides the exact bike but with a fox fork

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
Originally posted by Castle
....anyone one wanna do a Brush Mtn Ride? Stoney? JayNCarp? ....

....Sean, bike looks good (even with the manitou:devil: :D )......where's Brush Mt? I am game for anything, except Sundays are out for me....

Jay

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Castle, We've ridden it twice, and like the dumb a that I am, the first time I forgot my camera. ANd then the second time, my camera decided it was going to bich at me and not take pictures. We're riding it again on thurs. and I'll be sure to get some good pictures. So they're coming soon. Also, along with biker dave, I'm the pete mentioned that's building trails. The pictures he put up were very early, and put up without me knowing. they are shabby pictures of half-assed trails. They look a lot better now, and I'm hoping to get better pictures up soon as well.
thanks

Pete

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Pete, wow, it's differnet to read something from someone who takes time to complete thoughts......

get some pictures, riding new spots is always fun!

some of the stunts are here in Roanoke the rest are at Wintergreen..

lookin forward to the pictures.....

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by biggins
that bike is a sexy bitch. my friend rides the exact bike but with a fox fork

That is a damn nice looking bike! Biggins, can your friend leave his at home when I come visit?

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Originally posted by jncarpenter
....Sean, bike looks good (even with the manitou:devil: :D )......where's Brush Mt? I am game for anything, except Sundays are out for me....

Jay
Brush Mtn is Pandapas Pond in Blacksburg, VA,

Old Farm is twisty as crap and super fun!!!!!

Beast you can hit some serious high speeds on rough rocky 2 foot drop littered singletrack....

crap I'm off this sunday, my weekend work days alternate......

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Castle,
Nice! I also have a heckler, but need to put it on a diet as it is a little heavy (39lbs!). How much does yours weigh, I would guess 33-34lbs? I would like to get mine down to sub 34lbs (lighter fork, rims, tires, tubes, stem). I had an assortment of XC and DH parts when I built it, but the DH parts will be going on my DH bike.

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Originally posted by Castle
the sherman, so far so good, I'm impressed, my main concern has been with it's internal durability and how often I will have to service it, if it turns out to be a low maitance fork, I'm all for it!
Check the semibath levels before you put too many miles on it. Mine came with much less than the recommended 16cc per leg. That only takes a few minutes to change.

It's easy to check the damper level as well, no need to remove the fork from the bike. Mine was spot on at 90mm though, I don't think that applies to yours with SPV. I think you can expect more maintenance than a full bath Marz for sure, but not much more.

Good lookin' bike.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Originally posted by RD3
Castle,
Nice! I also have a heckler, but need to put it on a diet as it is a little heavy (39lbs!). How much does yours weigh, I would guess 33-34lbs? I would like to get mine down to sub 34lbs (lighter fork, rims, tires, tubes, stem). I had an assortment of XC and DH parts when I built it, but the DH parts will be going on my DH bike.

mine is 36lbs if I went with lighter tires it would make it a good bit lighter...... I like the reassurance of less pinch flats so no biggy.....

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by RD3
Castle,
Wow, that thing looks like a red headed bastard child!:p

Is that an old Risse fork? The bike screams for a Minute or a Fox!

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Matt D,
lol....The fork is a White Brothers DH2 (great fork), it will be relpaced with a Foes F1 with about 6" travel. That will save almost 1.5 lbs. I built the bike at the end of fall last year, and ended up using some of my dh parts just to get it together (knowing I wouldn't ride it much over the winter). The WB fork is going on my BCD frame.