Quantcast

Shed FR trails

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
haha well i just found out i wont be there and im not sure about some others. guess we said to much

TDN

Chimp
Aug 25, 2006
I'm not down -- quite the opposite. I actually deleted the thread myself since it seemed like folks were uncomfortable with it. whatev...

Anyway, I'm psyched for Sunday! Hope to see you up there.

TDN

Chimp
Aug 25, 2006
Well, I now have all the info I was looking for earlier. I got a little help from a couple monkeys thru pm's (one a while back, one more recently, thx guys) and I did some scouting on my own. So at this point I know exactly where all the FR/DH stuff is and I have ridden some of it, hiked the rest. The problem is, my buddies aren't so much into the drops, ladders and gravity trails so I can't exactly hijack a ride and take them down this stuff. We have ridden some of the drop trails together and I tried to incorporate one DH run at the end of a shuttled XC ride but I made the mistake of showing it to them and my crew has nixed the steeps. And it's not exactly a good idea to ride some of this stuff solo.

Anyway, thanks to the monkeys that helped me out. And I'm dying to hit the bigger DH runs -- maybe I'll meet up with others later, for some company on the good stuff.

ntron350

Chimp
Mar 22, 2004
murland
you can actually incorperate alot of the "DH/freeride" stuff into your xc loop. we use to do a 35 mile loop hitting alot of the stuff that existed a couple years back by starting at the edge of the park and riding up, then hitting your stunts before continuing on to hit pink. best of both worlds and no shuttling needed. we would hike back up to hit some of the other freeride stuff too.from the looks of things, there has been alot of construction in recent months and pink may be overgrown from lack of use, so i may be way off base now.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
from my deck it looks like there be snow still up thur in dem hills. Remeber it's usually 10 degrees colder up there then it is down here "in town" so dress supa-warmly.
damn man, i've been meaning to call you about them tires. we've actually hit up the shed the last 2 weekends for trail riding on sundays (in the snow this past sunday!)

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
What were the conditions like over on the Piperun side? Was there a lot of snow?
we didn't ride that side this past sunday. we rode the pink loop, part of E, and one of the drop trails. there was about 2 inches of fluffy snow and i guess there is a chance that more will be added to that tonight.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Glad to see you guys are still ripping it up at the shed. I def miss riding there regularly with you guys. No riding like that here in michigan.

take care
Jason

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Glad to see you guys are still ripping it up at the shed. I def miss riding there regularly with you guys. No riding like that here in michigan.

take care
Jason
Hey Jason,

I just got an email from Brian (pirate28) saying that he's about ready to start riding again. He just got a screw taken out of his leg and is stoked to get on the bike again and bought himself a new set of wheels to celebrate.

Have fun in Mich.

Dave

dcrides

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
that sounds like good news on the leg. we should celebrate this spring with some shuttling(and maybe with some debris clearing as well ;))

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Yea def going to miss riding with you guys every weekend. I will be down once the weather breaks to tear it up for a weekend or two. Then of course the now annual trip to Diablo. I may head to Ray's this weekend since I am so close.

pirate28

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
Maryland
Hey Jason,

I just got an email from Brian (pirate28) saying that he's about ready to start riding again. He just got a screw taken out of his leg and is stoked to get on the bike again and bought himself a new set of wheels to celebrate.

Have fun in Mich.

Dave
Yeah, man. With my new bionic leg, I'm ready to get back out there... Hopefully "Better, Stonger, Faster" :pirate2: