Quantcast

Shed on 9/17

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I am not quite sure what I am doing Saturday yet, but I might be down for a Shed ride. I cant ride the usual Sunday because I have to work. I have a friend who wants to ride and he just bought a Sherman Flick, so if hes gets his stuff together, I might try to take him up there. So I might get out my Prophet and have some fun. And one else up for this. HBT, Bballboy, Oldskool, chime in. And anyone else that wants to join. And hopefully it wont be raining.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
ill be there as long as ur driving lol. btw ask that guy with the p3 from ur work if he wants to go with us.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I might be game. I'll have to let ya know closer to Thursday.

Oldskool is out with a broken rib that he picked up at Snowshoe on Saturday. I think there's even a picture of it lurking on his camera. His nose dive of doom.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
HotButterToppin said:
I might be game. I'll have to let ya know closer to Thursday.

Oldskool is out with a broken rib that he picked up at Snowshoe on Saturday. I think there's even a picture of it lurking on his camera. His nose dive of doom.
Yep after 5 successful jump attempts with no good photos, I got so frustrated that I just decided to kill myself on my bike. LOL

Here is a link to the pic:
"nose dive of doom"

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Aw bummer, I was hoping the first pic was taken a second later when you were dry-humping your stem just before final take-off down the landing zone on your back. ;)

We may have a new king of the nose dive now that I think of it. While Brunettes was definitely nosing them in heavy that rainy day, you've nosed it into the ground twice now. ;)

But be proud (seriously)! You get your injuries doing stuff I haven't tried yet and my hat's off to you, Nosediver.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
HotButterToppin said:
We may have a new king of the nose dive now that I think of it. While Brunettes was definitely nosing them in heavy that rainy day, you've nosed it into the ground twice now. ;)
Where are you getting twice? I've only wrecked on a jump once.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
That day in the rain when we rode down the trail we usually hike up to get to the Drops. Remember riding behind me, after my own near nose-dive of doom on the roll-down boulder?

You were trying to jump off the one boulder and landed face down. I only remember because I thought to myself "bikes don't make that sound when they hit the ground rolling" and turned around to see if you were ok.

I was still all shakey from my own nose-dive that's why I remember.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
HotButterToppin said:
That day in the rain when we rode down the trail we usually hike up to get to the Drops. Remember riding behind me, after my own near nose-dive of doom on the roll-down boulder?

You were trying to jump off the one boulder and landed face down. I only remember because I thought to myself "bikes don't make that sound when they hit the ground rolling" and turned around to see if you were ok.

I was still all shakey from my own nose-dive that's why I remember.
I wasn't trying to jump that one though. I was trying to roll off of it and it was just a little too much of a drop.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Alright now break it up ladies. Yea I will let you know if its a go for me too on Saturday. It would probably be the same meeting time as last time. Maybe a little earlier. We will see.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I dont have practice on Saturday hopefully so I think I might be able to get up there around 11 or 12. Anyone else game?

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I'm still leaning towards Sunday as I think Oldskool and Brunettes are more likely to be up there then, plus some other old guys. You young'ns just embarass me with your riding skills. I gotta hang with the seniors. ;)

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I'm still not sure if I'm coming or not yet. If I do come, I'll most likely just ride very easy and take pictures. My rib still hurts. Other than the rib I'm healing up fast. My scrapes are like 50% healed up, and the bruises while still not pretty don't hurt any more.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I woke up last night because I rolled over on my purple hip and the pain was unreal. The bone bruise below my knee where the top tube of my Stinky snuck between my knee and shin pad really hurts too. The rest don't hurt though, but my one wrist is still sketchy.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Stiff said:
I might be up there getting killed on the HT.
lots of pity for the guy that just spent 2+ weeks in BC. i guess i should pity you though when your let down with the 1000' vert.

i'll be there tomorrow for a 1/2 day.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea I am going to try and make it up there but things arent really working out down here in my favour, even though we did beat one of the best teams in my county tonight in football. I am soooo stoked. I basically hit the game winning field goal.

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
Won't be up, have a feeling I'll be using a crutch to walk tomorrow due to spraining my ankle tonight and I've got a family reunion sunday.