Quantcast

shed or snow shoe on sunday?

farrell

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
DC
I was thinking about going up to Diablo for the day, till I discoverd it was 5.5 hours away. Any one around here want to wake up all early go out to snow shoe for the day, or just hit up the shed on sunday.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
farrell said:
I was thinking about going up to Diablo for the day, till I discoverd it was 5.5 hours away. Any one around here want to wake up all early go out to snow shoe for the day, or just hit up the shed on sunday.
Diablo is more like 4, 4.5 hrs from DC assuming you don't make any extended stops and there aren't any traffic issues. It's about the same as going to Snowshoe really.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
dude

what kind of question or argument is this?

i understand the problem of driving and expensive gas,but if neither of those are a factor in your decision,how would the Shed come even CLOSE to comparing to a day of riding at Snowshoe - rain or no rain?

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
farrell said:
If you live in DC then it's not a day trip to Snowshoe. It's gonna be the same length as going to Diablo. I would recommend staying over at least a night and make a weekend out of it.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
You can easily day trip it. Leave at 5am get here ride leave at 6 home by 10. I did it over weekends last year adn did day trips too. People just need to learn that riding downhill is worth the drive.

farrell

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
DC
I did them all last summer, theyre really not that bad, they just expensive in gas, but it is so woth it. allthough I did forget that this weekend is fathersday, so it looks like I'm going to have to be in DC for sunday night dinner with dad. If any one is going to be here and wants to ride the shed during the day I'd be up for that