Quantcast

Shed Sunday 1/29

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Hey me and a few of my friends are gonna be up at the shed this sunday. We will probly start off riding the drop trails. Then if we have enough people/transportation to shuttle go over to the longer trails. Hope to see everyone there.

Greg

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I'll be there (with spare parts this time). There's a slight chance of rain but from the way I read the forecast it's probably going to happen later in the day. Who knows?

If Jyeti's reading this I'll email you directions if you want to go.

cya.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
I'm in! I'll look for your email Dave. I think I kind of know where to go now but directions definitly help. I have a full size truck with no cap so we can use it to shuttle if we need to.

Jason

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Sounds good. Just bring a blanket or something so we dont scratch your tailgate. As of now, how does 10 AM at the drop trails sound. Or would you rather do/meet at Pipeline first?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
JYETI said:
I'm in! I'll look for your email Dave. I think I kind of know where to go now but directions definitly help. I have a full size truck with no cap so we can use it to shuttle if we need to.

Jason

Email sent!

Lets meet at the drop trails. Then maybe we can head over to those "other" trails I was telling rpk about. How's that sound?

edit: So are you guys going to actually get there at 10 or a little later? 30 minutes makes a pretty big difference on how rushed I am to put everything together, feed myself and get out of Annapolis.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
We will be there at 10... last time we had to pick up this other guy and that held us up sorry. But we will be there at 10 this time.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea, that was because my friend had to go get "shinguards", which really came in handy on his part. Haha. But yea, on my watch we will be there at 10.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Jason,

Call me this week. If I can snag a ride up there with you, I can show you where to go. I've been jonesing to shuttle for a long time.

-Mark (Sunday & Enduro)

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Damn, now look at that, a bunch of people are going. Too bad I have plans for the day that include a big trip to the DC car show.

I'll catch up with you guys just as soon as I have ordered my new bike....which will be just as soon as I order some new tires and linkage bits for my car....which will be just as soon as I can make some more money. D'oh!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
rpk1988 said:
Yea, that was because my friend had to go get "shinguards", which really came in handy on his part. Haha. But yea, on my watch we will be there at 10.

Sounds good.

SpasticJack: are you one of the guys I rode with a couple of weeks ago? I was on a black hardtail and you cased the landing on a big drop on your sunday. Or was that another guy?

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Hey Mark, I'll give you a call tomorrow so we can find a place to meet up. I have been leaving right from my house and taking 15n to 70.

I have a blanket for my tailgate so we should be good.

Can't wait to tear it up!!!!
Jason

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Where do you live Jyeti? Because if you are taking 15N to 70 then you passed the easy way to get to the Shed. Haha.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
It wasn't me casing stuff....yet. I haven't been up to the shed in a good long time and that was always during the week.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
SpasticJack said:
It wasn't me casing stuff....yet. I haven't been up to the shed in a good long time and that was always during the week.
Some other hack then... Just kidding. It was a pretty big drop and he just came up about 6 inches short. He's got more minerals than me just to try it.

Do an anti-rain dance for Sunday.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Last time was the first time up there and I got all twisted around going 15 to 70. I came home by taking alt 40 to 15.

Oh and Ill be doing the no rain dance from here till sun

Jason

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
JYETI said:
Last time was the first time up there and I got all twisted around going 15 to 70. I came home by taking alt 40 to 15.

Oh and Ill be doing the no rain dance from here till sun

Jason

Check your PMs.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea lets hope. Now are you guys checking the weather for Gambrills or your local forecast because they could be different. Corey, if you come, you know what time/where we are meeting up right? Schweet.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
i might out there with you guys as well, but i'll still be stuck on the trailorpark unless i get out to winchester today to get my big bike back from my buddy.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
NWS report: Showers likely, mainly between 1pm and 2pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly sunny, with a high around 52. South wind 6 to 9 mph increasing to between 15 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Not bad. See ya in the mornin'

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Pretty good ride. Got to see some new trails today thanks to jdschall. It was raining when we got there but then it stopped half way through. My friend and I got hungry and went to Taco Bell, so we didnt run Pipeline with the rest of you guys. Good ride though. Hope to do it again.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
jdschall said:
NWS report

What a farce! Even with the crappy weather it was still a good ride. I have quite a large bruise on my thigh from a little incident with a tree on the drop trails. Waiting for the shuttle drivers at the top of pipeline was torturous but the ride down was worth it. I had two out of three umbles; stumble and fumble. If I could have just mumbled something, I guess I could have said I had hypothermia. Oh well.

Everytime I go up there I hit more stuff and feel more comfortable. It's really cool to feel like I'm progressing. I would say something about wanting full-suspension so I can ride faster through those rock gardens but then Whale blew that theory out of the water on his run down pipeline. I was impressed how fast he could go on his hardtail. I had no hope of keeping up with him.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
jdschall said:
I would say something about wanting full-suspension so I can ride faster through those rock gardens but then Whale blew that theory out of the water on his run down pipeline. I was impressed how fast he could go on his hardtail. I had no hope of keeping up with him.
"it's gotta be da shoes..." i'm completely sold on the 510s as an alternative for clipping in. i really noticed the difference riding pipeline because normally my feet are getting thrown around all over the place when i wear platforms.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Oh you were the guy on the transition... i was on the gt ruckus me and my brother came down last he was on the ridgid haha :).

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Last season I got what's known as "red mist" in auto racing. Got passed by Dustin and Delmar on their big bikes on that trail and then tried to pass them back on my hardtail without really thinking of the speed I'd have to go to do it.

That lasted about 200' and a couple of baby-jesus-sized rocks later.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
whale said:
normally my feet are getting thrown around all over the place when i wear platforms.

That was my problem. There were at least two times I was riding bucking bronco style with my ass on the saddle, hands holding on for dear life, my feet flying out to the sides, and a look of horrible fear on my face. I'm going to have to look into these shoes.