Quantcast

Shed Sunday 12/19/04

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
anyone else planning on heading up there on sunday? stiff and i are going to ride. it was great last weekend and as long as the weather holds up, conditions should be good on sunday as well. hopefully, the creeks have mellowed out a bit.

bring extra clothes because it's getting cold up there!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
no. it wasn't great. i had swampass like a mother fker. but it was fun watching steve do the RT....wait....

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
mobius said:
no. it wasn't great. i had swampass like a mother fker. but it was fun watching steve do the RT....wait....
yeah, so don't you want watch steve do the RT again... wait... ;)

jeans = swampass... and i kept that wonderful feeling ALL the way home since i didn't bring any extra clothes.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
willpowa said:
We'll be out there...wanna meet up for shuttlin?
SURE! my car ain't much of a shuttler though, but can be used for people transport for setting up shuttles.

how about mixing things up and meeting at the old entrance to E before we added the extended portion, 10am? that way, we can warm up with a few runs on the drop trails and then hit up E 3-4 times (and try to keep our feet dry) before moving on to the piperun so that Stiff can hit the RT and not have the excuse that he's not warmed up yet.

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
Sounds good! Last time I went, folks started on the Pipeline and ended on Evolution. I can fit a couple extra bikes on the van. :cool:
Problem is, I don't know where the old E entrance is, since I've only been out there once....
PM sent :)

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
willpowa said:
Sounds good! Last time I went, folks started on the Pipeline and ended on Evolution. I can fit a couple extra bikes on the van. :cool:
Problem is, I don't know where the old E entrance is, since I've only been out there once....
PM sent :)
PM sent back at ya'. i feel like i've ridden the pipeline (run, whatever) like 1,000 times and not gotten enough runs on E... and i know Stiff wants some E warmups to pop his RT cherry. ;)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
"Swampass" That made me laugh. Get used to it. You spend your first couple years in this world with swampass and leave it much the same way. If it bothers you that much, put plastic training pants on over your bibs and you'll be just fine. Yeah, you'll look like a fvckin' freak, but at least no swampass!

Oct 11, 2004
Frederick, MD
Looks pretty certain that is going to rain/snow on Sunday. Don't know where the old entrance to E is either. Didn't like the creek crossing at the end of evolution. That was deep water. I am still trying to dry my shoes out :D

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Fatespendulum said:
Looks pretty certain that is going to rain/snow on Sunday. Don't know where the old entrance to E is either. Didn't like the creek crossing at the end of evolution. That was deep water. I am still trying to dry my shoes out :D
y'all just need to learn how to walk up the fallen log until we get a better way of crossing ;)

i don't think i want to ride there on saturday though given all the hunters that were out a few weeks ago. i'm not counting on the forecast either since they never seem to get it right around here.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
NotQuiteJdm said:
Any of you peoples have a spare 2.5 rear tire up for sale?
i've got a kenda kinetics 2.6 spare that has only been ridden a handful of times. i had to buy it at snowshoe as an emergency to help get me through the mud. let me know if you are interested...

you coming out to ride on sunday?

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
We'll be out there around ten o'clock...looking for the trailhead :)
When you see a space shuttle careening upon you on the road, that'll be us!