Quantcast

Shed Thread SUNDAY November 14th

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
And.... just two weeks later, another Ruckus Member is celbrating a birthday. So how do we celebrate? Ridin' the Shed!

Whos in?

and Mark, where the hell are you? havent heard from you in a while.......

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Paris said:
i hear there are many leaves down and it's hard to ride fast...anyone got a gas-powered leaf blower??
Yes, yes I do:)
I'll have to check and see if I have any 2 cycle oil, and if not, go get some.

Ya gonna tie it to the front of your bike? :D

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
BigMike said:
Yes, yes I do:)
I'll have to check and see if I have any 2 cycle oil, and if not, go get some.

Ya gonna tie it to the front of your bike? :D
tie it to your back to give you a little extra thrust... don't forget your boba fett helmet ;)

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
In THERE ARE ONLY 30 SPOTS, SO GET YOURS. IF YOU DID THE FIRST ONE YOU KNOW THE FORMAT. IF YOU DIDN'T YOU MISSED OUT, BUT HERE YOU GO. ITS A THREE STAGE RACE, THAT HAS A SHORT STEEP STAGE FOR THE DH CREW, A LONG STAGE WITH
SOME PEDALING FOR THE CROSS COUNTY GUYS AND THE THIRD IS SOMETHING IN-BETWEEN FOR THE ONES THAT JUST DON'T KNOW WHICH WAY THEY WANT TO GO.
Everything is going down on Sunday Nov. 14th at Patapsco State Park, we will be meeting at the Avalon Park and Ride. We meet at 8:30am and ride at 9:00am DONT BE LATE. Race Registration is $15.00 dollars.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Paris said:
i hear there are many leaves down and it's hard to ride fast...anyone got a gas-powered leaf blower??

PFFFFT it was fine when we were there last and i was riding a bald high roller nad a semi bald mobster fine.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
hrmm.....
Tonight
Nov 11 Rain 44° 90 %
Fri
Nov 12 Rain 52°/37° 90 %
Sat
Nov 13 Mostly Sunny 53°/24° 0 %
Sun
Nov 14 Sunny 52°/29° 10 %

It may be slightly wet

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
BigMike said:
hrmm.....
Fri Nov 12 Rain 52°/37° 90 %
Sat Nov 13 Mostly Sunny 53°/24° 0 %
Sun Nov 14 Sunny 52°/29° 10 %

It may be slightly wet
Nah...if it doesn't rain on Saturday, then Sunday should be perfect. The place drains really well.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Well, unfortunatly, it looks like we will not be making it up there this weekend. We were going to come up for a weekend of riding, but with all the rain, there really is nothing for us to ride tomorrow. Its a loooooooooooong drive from Richmond to the shed. I'll definantly be up there sometime soon though.

Sorry everyone, I'd love to see/ride with ya'lll, but its just not gonna work out for this weekend.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
jmvar said:
So is anyone else riding tomorrow?
Yeah, Will, Steve, and I should be there around 1130am. Not sure where which spot we'll hit first. I guess we'll just look for folks in the usual places.

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
BigMike said:
Ahh... Its Hillary :) How did you break your posterior?
well, really the proverbiale ass. i took a good one at the reading race last month and tore the tendins and ligaments holding my collar bone to my shoulder. it's still not quite fixed. thanks for asking.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
onetime said:
well, really the proverbiale ass. i took a good one at the reading race last month and tore the tendins and ligaments holding my collar bone to my shoulder. it's still not quite fixed. thanks for asking.

eww... Sorry to hear that. I kinda know how you feel. Collarbones are almost the worst, right under ribs :dead:

Heal up quick!