Quantcast

Shed Thread SUNDAY November 28th

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Thanks to everyone who came out, we had a great time and are going to try to hit the drop trails soon .Hey Andrew BITE ME ;) did'nt see you throwing any tabletops. I'll slay that dragon (RT) sooner or later , probably later.
Mike well is it broken?
Later E.C.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Hmm.... BMO.... has a nice ring to it :)

I dunno if its broken, I'm going to Student health tomorrow so they can give me a referral to radiology so I dont have to wait at the damn ER for 6 hours. It hurts though, I can tell you that much :)

I had two nice crashes today, too bad E.C. was the only one that saw the first one, it was spectacular :thumb:

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
Thanx again for letting us tag along! Add me to the injury list with a mild concussion from my gaffed landing off the drop below RT...definately new helmet time!
EVO was the trail to ride, though... super sweet! I would have liked a second run on that :D

Dan: let's get up as soon as your leg heals up and do some diggin and building!! PM me :thumb:

Jan 21, 2004
South Central...(PA)
Will, I can't believe you got up from that hit you took! We could hear it all the way up at the top of RT! It sounded BAD!! I'm glad it sounded worse than it really was. That could have ended ugly!

Hey, thanks again for the tire patch! I totally forgot I had a temporary CC tube in there. And those wimpy Intense tires! I'll have the proper equipment next time I come down.

Dave

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
It was so leafy and wet, I was happy to have ridden the XC trails deeper in the 'shed on Sunday. I saw a bunch of FR/DH-type people on Fishing Creek Road as I drove by, but nobody I immediately recognized. There were small creeks running down the Catoctin Trail in both directions from Anthrax Pond that made speedy descent a challenge. After seeing BM's nose, though, I am pleased to be rehabbing my knee on less challenging fare.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
BigMike said:
I've been thinking that too.... it seems like everytime I go up there I get hurt. I don't get hurt anywhere else though............:think::(
broken wrist on the E gap. busted up head on the RT. broken nose on E?

things supposedly come in threes, so at least you gotta have some good coming your way on the trails...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
whale said:
broken wrist on the E gap. busted up head on the RT. broken nose on E?

things supposedly come in threes, so at least you gotta have some good coming your way on the trails...

I hope so.... we'll see how things go, I may be takin it easy for awhile :(

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
E.C. said:
Thanks to everyone who came out, we had a great time and are going to try to hit the drop trails soon .Hey Andrew BITE ME ;) did'nt see you throwing any tabletops. I'll slay that dragon (RT) sooner or later , probably later.
Mike well is it broken?
Later E.C.

I kinda almost threw one off the last big jump behind u on our last run of the jump trail. But i fell off my pedal at the same time so i dunno how ****ty it looked.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
E.C. said:
Mike well is it broken?

Yep, in two places, says the radiologist. I go back to the doc on wed, I can see how this conversation is going to go

Me: is it broken?
Doc: yes
Me: OK, now what
Doc: well, we can't do **** for it, so get out

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
NotQuiteJdm said:
I'm gonna have to say...fix the shady building or learn how to ride :-)
I think Big Mike got owned on a part of Evolution that's natural not built.

Mike: get well soon. I like riding with you because you're such a crash magnet; it obviously reduces my own chances of crashing. Not to mention that you crash spectacularly.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Stiff said:
I think Big Mike got owned on a part of Evolution that's natural not built.

Mike: get well soon. I like riding with you because you're such a crash magnet; it obviously reduces my own chances of crashing. Not to mention that you crash spectacularly.

Awww.... you're so sweet. Oh wait a minute, NO YOU'RE NOT! :angry:

:D

And yeah, I crashed in the rock garden, natural, not built. there is not much that IS built on that trail except for some berms, one jump, and some log piles over big logs.

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
BigMike said:
And yeah, I crashed in the rock garden, natural, not built. there is not much that IS built on that trail except for some berms, one jump, and some log piles over big logs.
Yup, E was designed as an advanced DH race trail. It's my favorite Shed trail, and if it were 3x+ as long and had a better way across the crick it'd be one of my favorites anywhere.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Hey, just remember for everyone that was out there riding E with me..... I saved all of your lives! If I hadn't fallen and you all stopped to see if I was OK, you would have died from that huge tree that fell! I'm you're psedo martyr! :D

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Yeah Mike you have that martyr look about you. That was totaly bazzar.God works in mysterious ways .you break you nose and we live - yeah that sounds fair.: :thumb
Andrew , I could'nt help but notice that you said you were BEHIND ME when you sort of did a tabletop ;) . ( nothin but love Bro)
E.C. Out

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Mike .soon your skills will catch up with your balls and then you will be truly dangerous.
Don't let the shed win , We both have dragons to slay and demons to purge at the shed ,so lets get-er-done.
You slayed RT this weekend ,I did not (pussy).E is not my foe as it is yours, but I know we can beat em. Heal up and We'll go get that shed!

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Shady? hey Dustin- NotQuiteJDM- Looks like we need an explanation. What ever do you mean by shady.DBR dos'nt do shady.and Mike rides just fine when his head is'nt on the ground.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
DßR said:
um....."shady"?
the only thing shady about the RT is the puckering sound your a**hole makes just thinking about (or actually - dan, bike mike, myself, whoever else) crashing off of it...

kind of like a real RT? (not speaking from experience)

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
"hard" is one thing, but "shady" in my understanding is reserved for stuff that's built sh*tty, falls apart, etc. I don't think there's anything shady about the trails in question here.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
DßR said:
"hard" is one thing, but "shady" in my understanding is reserved for stuff that's built sh*tty, falls apart, etc. I don't think there's anything shady about the trails in question here.
and what good would a "soft" RT be? ;)

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
whale said:
the only thing shady about the RT is the puckering sound your a**hole makes just thinking about (or actually - dan, bike mike, myself, whoever else) crashing off of it...
and i know dan's, mike's, and my crash had nothing to do with the building of the RT... it was our own mistakes.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
NotQuiteJdm said:
I've seen the clips..that landing looks "S-H-A-D-Y" (word of the month)
:confused: ... so you're basing your judgment solely on video? The landing on the RT is five feet wide and solid as a rock (literally...dig down beneath the dirt substrate and you'll find it's armored against erosion with rocks piled above wood). It's the least shady feature in the Watershed.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
NotQuiteJdm said:
I've seen the clips..that landing looks "S-H-A-D-Y" (word of the month)

Have you been there?

Have you ridden it?

Have you ever built anything?

If you think its "S-H-A-D-Y," don't ride it. Thats all there is to it. BUT, don't bash other peoples work just because you think that since you've seen it on video, you know exactly how it is built! A lot of people (myself not included) put A LOT of time into building that, and did an incredible job :thumb: In my opinion, it is one of the best built stunts I have ridden.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Okay, if I can have the last word that would be cool. I agree with Mike. If you/jdm actually see it in person or sack up and ride it, and still think it's shady, fine. I'd be interested to see what you think isn't shady construction, but I suspect it would look like somebody's deck. Decks are for barbeque's, stunts are a) TEMPORARY and b) for mtb's. Furthermore, ever since its inception, the rt has been a work in progress. If you think you can add something worthwhile to it, you're welcome to lift a shovel and come out and do so.

Anyway there's no need to have this much discussion about this type of "terrain features" that have a tendency to get noticed by the wrong people. Plus, I HEARD ON TEH INTERNET THAT SOME DUDE GOT HURTED SO IT MUST SUX0R!!11lol

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
DßR said:
indeed, let it go. No need for any more of this crap.
speaking of crap (going way off topic here)... in light of your recent nick, have you heard of this dan?

cat scratch disease :confused:

watch out for your girlfriend's cats man! i'm keeping an eye out on that gray one of ours... i hate the way that little sucker just stares at me and wants to lick everyone all the time.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
funny you mention that, he's sitting on me right now, trying to lick me. Persistant little f*cker.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
whale said:
posting on RM with pu**y in your lap. ;) just make sure it doesn't scratch you!
It was just sitting back and waiting to see when the first innuendo would pop up in this thread after your little tangent. Frankly I'm surprised it took this long. :D