Quantcast

Shed Thred for this Saturday the 14th

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Is anyone going?

I'll be in if its not too rainy. If its raining, I've got stuff around my house I have to do.... not to be a pooper, but I dont want to drive all the way up there to not ride :(

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
BigMike said:
Is anyone going?

I'll be in if its not too rainy. If its raining, I've got stuff around my house I have to do.... not to be a pooper, but I dont want to drive all the way up there to not ride :(
sunday looks like the better day. I'm plan on going sunday. they are calling for rain all day tomorrow. just some leftover showers in the AM on sunday.

tater

Chimp
Aug 9, 2004
i might ride shed on sunday as well. still a newbie but i've hit the shed a couple times, pretty challenging for me. if i dont ride schaeffer sunday i'd like to ride with some people at the shed.

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
tater said:
i might ride shed on sunday as well. still a newbie but i've hit the shed a couple times, pretty challenging for me. if i dont ride schaeffer sunday i'd like to ride with some people at the shed.
come on, go ahead and commit.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
tater said:
If it rains as hard as it's supposed to on Saturday, Schaeffer's off limits on Sunday anyway so you might as well ride up at the Shed. Gambrill/Frederick Watershed are the only places you can really ride following a good rain fall anyway.

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
DamienC said:
If it rains as hard as it's supposed to on Saturday, Schaeffer's off limits on Sunday anyway so you might as well ride up at the Shed. Gambrill/Frederick Watershed are the only places you can really ride following a good rain fall anyway.
damien??? you in?

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
I'm probably gonna be out on Saturday but I doubt I'll bring a bike (trail work). I thought Sunday was gonna be the rainy day -- Saturday night thru Sunday morning was gonna be the sh*t show.

See ya'll around, I'll probably be on e and the piperun clearing out all the trees across the trail.

vogey40

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Puyallup WA
Hi guys. I was wondering if I could come up and join you one weekend? Just took delivery on a scream and want to use it. Kinda new to the dh/fr thing though. Would yall mind a newbie taging along. One of these days?

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
vogey40 said:
Hi guys. I was wondering if I could come up and join you one weekend? Just took delivery on a scream and want to use it. Kinda new to the dh/fr thing though. Would yall mind a newbie taging along. One of these days?
Anyone's welcome to come up and ride. Just watch for the ride posts and show up. Directions to the Watershed have been posted several times before and should be available through a search.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
BigMike said:
Is anyone going?

me! i'll be there... getting my bike back tonight :) rain or shine, i'm gonna hit *something*.

where should we meet and when?

hardtailer88

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
Bethesda MD
I just finished building my stab primo and want to ride it at the shed, so ill chip in a few dollars for gas to whoever is doing shuttleruns. I think tomorrow morning is all clear until noon. Its gonna rain heavily from then to sunday morning. so...

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
okay, I will PROBABLY show for Sunday a.m. at 9:00 at the E - that work for y'all? I can't ride all day so I wanna start early-ish.

I'm doing some work on Saturday from like 8-12 with the Pimp, probably E and the jumps.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
hardtailer88 said:
I just finished building my stab primo and want to ride it at the shed, so ill chip in a few dollars for gas to whoever is doing shuttleruns. I think tomorrow morning is all clear until noon. Its gonna rain heavily from then to sunday morning. so...
ok. how's about we meet up at the top of the pipe run around 9:00am? warm up with a run or two there, and then go check out the fabulous new stuff on evolution? anybody wanting to meet up with me, PM me tonight or tomorrow morning and let me know, i'll be heading out around 8:00am.

don't make me ride by myself guys, that'll mean i have to pedal up the hills after every run ;)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Well, I have bad news..... and its not the weather. My Super T is bent. The left leg is noticably more foreward than the right. I kind of don't want to ride it right now until I have someone who knows somthing look at it. Some people at my shop looked at it and said they dont know, but they would be careful. I'm not gonna chance riding at the shed, because I probably wont be able to get my hands on another fork by Wisp, so I'm just gonna save it for then. If it gets trashed, it gets trashed, but I gotta race Wisp.

Plus, its supposed to be heavy rain and wind tomorrow.

I'd be up for an early XC type ride though.... Kirstin, Wakeatink maybe? (If you dont head to the shed)

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
BigMike said:
Well, I have bad news..... and its not the weather. My Super T is bent. The left leg is noticably more foreward than the right. I kind of don't want to ride it right now until I have someone who knows somthing look at it. Some people at my shop looked at it and said they dont know, but they would be careful. I'm not gonna chance riding at the shed, because I probably wont be able to get my hands on another fork by Wisp, so I'm just gonna save it for then. If it gets trashed, it gets trashed, but I gotta race Wisp.

Plus, its supposed to be heavy rain and wind tomorrow.

I'd be up for an early XC type ride though.... Kirstin, Wakeatink maybe? (If you dont head to the shed)
nah, i'm hitting the shed. need my dh fix, dammit... i am, however, planning on hitting patapsco sometime sunday, if you'd like to come along?

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
yeah, I'm in unless it's still monsoon-ing. 9's cool.

Sanchez and I made it a lot better today, some of the really weak parts are rideable now.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
DßR said:
yeah, I'm in unless it's still monsoon-ing. 9's cool.
Sanchez and I made it a lot better today, some of the really weak parts are rideable now.
and to think that i'm in NY and my new ride is awaiting me all in pieces at my apartment building... lookout next weekend!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
whale said:
and to think that i'm in NY and my new ride is awaiting me all in pieces at my apartment building... lookout next weekend!
Next week is Wisp!

I wish I coulda made it to the 'Shed this weekend, but I gotta get someone to look at my fork :(

tater

Chimp
Aug 9, 2004
i had to get my brakes checked out friday, and i thought it would be ready by last night. im getting tired of the ****mano disks so im gonna order a set of avids pretty soon anyway. oh well, i'm definitely riding weekend after next (since wisp i think is next weekend) with everyone.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
tater said:
i had to get my brakes checked out friday, and i thought it would be ready by last night. im getting tired of the ****mano disks so im gonna order a set of avids pretty soon anyway. oh well, i'm definitely riding weekend after next (since wisp i think is next weekend) with everyone.
i'll be up for riding the shed next weekend for those non-racing types... just got back from NY to a BIG old box with a mostly assembled new bike. it just needs a few little tweaks and it will be ready to go.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
tater said:
cool whale, we'll meet up next weekend then if you dont mind riding with a newbie :)
i don't mind at all... although i still consider myself a newbie. if we can only find someone with a pickup or a way to shuttle... otherwise, we'll get our workout pushing bikes uphill!