Quantcast

Shed

rm1

Chimp
Jun 22, 2006
Im glad you guys had a good time. Next time you come up ill show you all the rest of the mountain. There is still ALOT more to see.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
What kind of riding are we talking about ? Like freeride/downhill stuff ? I finally threw together the cash I had and ordered my new bike. Really excited to go riding once they unwire my jaw.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I was drivin shuttle for the only north shore run we did so if you say they're sturdy, that's fine. The trail to which I refer didn't have any wooden stuff on it, and it may well be good when it's finished, but it was, well, not finished.

I don't mean to come off sounding like an ingrate because it's awesome that there are people building out there and putting new trail in front of my front wheel all the time. Rather than bitch, I should probably just go lend a hand myself.

However, I will say this: if you've worked on a trail and know all the rocks by heart (or even just ridden it before) loose crap doesnt matter much.

Riding a trail for the first time on the other hand, the fact that you cant even see whats on the ground in front of you makes a whole lot of difference. I know how to ride a rock garden (no brakes), but I'm not about to put myself in the hospital cause I was flying blind.

If you're building only for your self on your land, do what you please, but if you're going to put it on public land you have to go that extra step of making it user friendly (note that I don't mean easy).

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
skatetokil said:
I was drivin shuttle for the only north shore run we did so if you say they're sturdy, that's fine. The trail to which I refer didn't have any wooden stuff on it, and it may well be good when it's finished, but it was, well, not finished.

I don't mean to come off sounding like an ingrate because it's awesome that there are people building out there and putting new trail in front of my front wheel all the time. Rather than bitch, I should probably just go lend a hand myself.

However, I will say this: if you've worked on a trail and know all the rocks by heart (or even just ridden it before) loose crap doesnt matter much.

Riding a trail for the first time on the other hand, the fact that you cant even see whats on the ground in front of you makes a whole lot of difference. I know how to ride a rock garden (no brakes), but I'm not about to put myself in the hospital cause I was flying blind.

If you're building only for your self on your land, do what you please, but if you're going to put it on public land you have to go that extra step of making it user friendly (note that I don't mean easy).
i think i know what your talking about with the rock faces that you rode down. yea i thought that was sketchey but i saw the numerous people b4 me clear that and i too wish at the end the trail went all the way to the road cause it was a bitch to cross the river at the end with my bike on my shoulder.

rm1

Chimp
Jun 22, 2006
You to are talking about 2 different trails. The skaterordie guy is refering to a trail that was cut about 45 seconds prior to his riding it, bdiddyballer is refering to a trail that has been around for about 7 months now. If you would like to ride some of this new stuff feel free to email me or pm or how ever one would go about private conversation on this site and i will gladly show you. For those of you who know the trailheads i ask that you take people there in person and dont give out directions in an open forum.