Quantcast

Shenandoah 100 and other’s

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I would really like to do this race but haven’t been able to decide which one I want to do. I’ve narrowed it down to the Shenandoah 100, Durango 100 and the 24 hours of moab. But the real issue is I will need some help for locals or others going because I don’t believe I will be able to talk anyone into going just for support. Getting some help for you guys will probably be a determining factor of where I go.
I’m also going to attempt to qualify for “w****s” (don’t want to say the word and jinx myself) there is a VERY sight possibility this might happen depending on who show’s up for the next qualifier. If I do qualify I’ll have to ditch all the others and do that in Canada.
But anyhoo does anybody want to offer their support to help me??????

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I plan on doing the Shenandoah 100, I think this race provides good support at the checkpoints every 20 miles. You provide them with packages that they will deliver to the aid stations. I hope to have some people helping me out though. I would be happy to try and get some help for any out of town :monkey: 's too. I live an hour or so from the race site so I can also offer a few couch's for people to crash on.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Logistically if I do the Shenandoah I would like to have at least a crew of one to help me out too. Yes they have people at the aid stations, but it really helps to have someone to meet you at each aid station and do stuff for you and cheer you one. At least, that's my experience.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
2002 - we are limiting your drops to two - 1 gallon ziplocks bags that we will provide. That includes your lights!!!!

There is 1 mini water station and 5 full service aid stations complete with food, beverages, and support. The aid stations are what makes this race so fun. As the race gets bigger it gets a bit more hectic for the folks running the stations. So be cool- chillout, and if you see or hear someone mouthing off to one of our awesome fluffers please thump them upside the head. They are there so you can perform!!!When stopping at a station please do not drop you bike in the road, either keep it between your legs or walk it to the side of the road and place it clear from harm by vehicle or foot traffic.

We have a drop system organized where you can arrange to have supplies (lights, gear, food, etc.) left at the aid stations. They must be labeled well and are to be dropped off saturday evening from 8 to 10:00 pm. They cannot be picked up again until sunday evening- times will be posted for pickup soon! If you are unable to pick up your supplies you can mail us a Priority mail label filled out with a stamp and we will mail you your supplies. Last year people were grabbing the wrong things and this caused quite a headache. Thanks for letting me try this new policy!

We have not had a cutoff in the past and we do not plan one at this moment but we do reserve the right to have one in the interest of safety if such a need should arise.

Station #1 approx 2-3 hours in

Water or sports drink only- no drops or food. Station 1 is mainly there to control traffic flow in a multi directional section of the course. Station #2 is only 10 mostly flat miles away.

Station #2 approx 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours in (this is also station #6 you will pass it again during your last 1-2 hours of the event)

Drops allowed. Station will be stocked with food and beverages to be announced at a later time.

Station #3 approx 3 1/2 to 5 hours in

Drops are allowed. Anything but specific food is discouraged. Station will be stocked with food and beverages to be announced at a later time.

Station #4 approx 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours in

Drops are allowed .Anything but specific food is discouraged. Station will be stocked with food and beverages to be announced at a later time.

Station #5 approx 5 1/2 to 10 hours in

Drops are incouraged! This the drop dead point. No one is permitted to continue past this section without lights and or approval from the Cheif past 4:20 PM. We reserve the right to forcably pull you from the course despite your crying and wining and cuff you to a tree for any reason- ain't authority great!. Warm clothes are suggested if you think you will be out after dark.

Station #6 approx 7 to 14 hours in (station #2 from earlier in the day)

Additional lights may be needed at this point. If you have been riding from #5 in the dark it will take you at least 2 hours to finish the race in the dark. The leaders can do the last section in about 1 hour during daylight.

Gyro

Chimp
Mar 4, 2002
Slatyfork, WV
I'll be racing the shenandoah, and the thought of someone helping just me never crossed my mind.

It's a nice idea.

Westy, where are you from? Maybe we could meet up sometime.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by The Toninator
I would really like to do this race but haven’t been able to decide which one I want to do. I’ve narrowed it down to the Shenandoah 100, Durango 100 and the 24 hours of moab. But the real issue is I will need some help for locals or others going because I don’t believe I will be able to talk anyone into going just for support. Getting some help for you guys will probably be a determining factor of where I go.
I’m also going to attempt to qualify for “w****s” (don’t want to say the word and jinx myself) there is a VERY sight possibility this might happen depending on who show’s up for the next qualifier. If I do qualify I’ll have to ditch all the others and do that in Canada.
But anyhoo does anybody want to offer their support to help me??????
i was thinking about doing that, but i think i am going to do the AMBS four-day stage race instead, assuming they have one this year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by Gyro
I'll be racing the shenandoah, and the thought of someone helping just me never crossed my mind.

It's a nice idea.

Westy, where are you from? Maybe we could meet up sometime.
I live a little north of Charlottesville. What kind of riding do you do? I've been looking to ride out at Doubthat(SP?) once the damn snow melts, I think that is out in your direction?

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by Westy
I live a little north of Charlottesville. What kind of riding do you do? I've been looking to ride out at Doubthat(SP?) once the damn snow melts, I think that is out in your direction?

Have you ridden Douthat yet? It rules. Where do you live? Culpepper area?

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
allright, last year for me it was a 2-day stage race (2 days of xc racing) b/c i was a beginner. for sport and above it was a 4- day stage race. One day Time Trial(night time trial if i remember right) which, i'm not quite sure what a TT is, but anyway. 2nd was short track xc, and then 2 days of xc.

this year, it is scheduled 8/29-9/1.

anyway, last year it was fun as hell, especially since me and Big_Papa 1080 "accidentally" lit the hotel parking lot on fire cleaning brakes, but that's a different dumbest thing you've done at a hotel thread.

Beginners race 2 six-seven mile laps, sport 3, expert/pro 4+ laps.
there are medals for beginner, prizes for sport, and Ca$h for expert and pro.

o yeah, last year it was in the Richmond, VA area. I would think it will most likely be at least in VA again this year, since that's where most of the races are.

www.bikeracing.com

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
Have you ridden Douthat yet? It rules. Where do you live? Culpepper area?
I've never ridden Douthat, I want to when the snow melts. If it ever melts. I live in Ruckersville.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by NRSracer
allright, last year for me it was a 2-day stage race (2 days of xc racing) b/c i was a beginner. for sport and above it was a 4- day stage race. One day Time Trial(night time trial if i remember right) which, i'm not quite sure what a TT is, but anyway. 2nd was short track xc, and then 2 days of xc.

this year, it is scheduled 8/29-9/1.

anyway, last year it was fun as hell, especially since me and Big_Papa 1080 "accidentally" lit the hotel parking lot on fire cleaning brakes, but that's a different dumbest thing you've done at a hotel thread.

Beginners race 2 six-seven mile laps, sport 3, expert/pro 4+ laps.
there are medals for beginner, prizes for sport, and Ca$h for expert and pro.

o yeah, last year it was in the Richmond, VA area. I would think it will most likely be at least in VA again this year, since that's where most of the races are.

www.bikeracing.com
btw, i think that the price for sport/expert/pro for all four days was $100

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Keep intending to do the Shen 100, but the 24hr Seven Springs race keeps getting in the way. (Love that course)

Maybe this year, we'll switch over depending how the solo thing is going.

That 4 day stage race sounds interesting.

BrickTop

Chimp
Oct 29, 2002
Durango, CO

Maybe do the Brian Head 100 in July. This is a great 100 miler with awesome views and you could poach from my support crew if you'd like. :D

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by BrickTop

Maybe do the Brian Head 100 in July. This is a great 100 miler with awesome views and you could poach from my support crew if you'd like. :D
really? cool thanks. i'll keep that in mind:)

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by Arsbars
keep me updated monkeys, i'll be sure to be there if u guys need support :)
I imagine an official Shen 100 thread will start before the race. Right now the plan is a bunch of :monkey: will be camping at my place pre race and drinking heavily and eating steak post race. Sound about right Echo?

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
I imagine an official Shen 100 thread will start before the race. Right now the plan is a bunch of :monkey: will be camping at my place pre race and drinking heavily and eating steak post race. Sound about right Echo?

MMMMMMMMM....steak....:D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
DUH! :D