Quantcast

Shenandoah 100 location help

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i cant really tell where it's at. I'm trying to nail down airport locations, hotels and race site maps and stuff but i cant really tell what city the race is in. Anybody?

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
It's west of Harrisonburg, not really in a City. Stokesville sits in the valley at the base of Lookout Mountain and is the site of the race start. Your best bet for airports is RIC, it'll be easiest for me to pick you up there. BWI is cheap, but you better have a killer 6-pack of something if you want me to pick you up there. Norfolk has some good rates as well, Southwest flies into Norfolk. I'm not sure about Charlottesville, I think it's expensive. And dude, your more than welcome to crash my place. That's part of the plan. I live about 1.5 hours east of the race start.

I'm going to clear some sites on my property for anyone who wants to camp at my place. I'm still in the process of marking out a slalom/mtn-x course and campsites. I know that Echo wants his campsite in the middle of a double.

Everyone is welcome to ship their bikes to my place, if you don't want to fly them. I've got a stand and a shop full of tools, it's all good. I'll be happy to pick people up at local airports.

I guess what I'm saying is, consider me the Ridemonkey point man for this event. I'll pick you up from the airport, you can stay at my place, you can ship your bike to my place, you can hop in our minivan and get a ride to the race, you can use my grill, you can use my shower. Ya just ain't sleeping in my king size pillowtop bed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The two closests towns are Dayton, and Stokesville, Stokesville being near the start/campground. I think these are extremely small towns so they won't show up on too many maps. Harrisonburg is the closest major town but Staunton is not too far away either. If you are flying in Harrisonburg would be the easiest, but you may be able to get a cheaper ticket flying into Richmond or Charlottesville. Best bet for a Hotel would again be Harrisonburg but they do have camping for the event. I live about 1.5 hours from the venue and can offer a few couches for people to crash on.

[edit] Whoops MrB beat me to it. US air Delta and United fly out of Charlottesville. You can get good deals on US Scare flight but the other airlines can be pricey.

As long as the weather holds out I plan on checking out some of the Shen 100 trails this weekend. I have a 25 mile loop planned but if things go well it may turn into more. I'll bring my camera and take some pics.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
It's west of Harrisonburg, not really in a City. Stokesville sits in the valley at the base of Lookout Mountain and is the site of the race start. Your best bet for airports is RIC, it'll be easiest for me to pick you up there. BWI is cheap, but you better have a killer 6-pack of something if you want me to pick you up there. Norfolk has some good rates as well, Southwest flies into Norfolk. I'm not sure about Charlottesville, I think it's expensive. And dude, your more than welcome to crash my place. That's part of the plan. I live about 1.5 hours east of the race start.

I'm going to clear some sites on my property for anyone who wants to camp at my place. I'm still in the process of marking out a slalom/mtn-x course and campsites. I know that Echo wants his campsite in the middle of a double.

Everyone is welcome to ship their bikes to my place, if you don't want to fly them. I've got a stand and a shop full of tools, it's all good. I'll be happy to pick people up at local airports.

I guess what I'm saying is, consider me the Ridemonkey point man for this event. I'll pick you up from the airport, you can stay at my place, you can ship your bike to my place, you can hop in our minivan and get a ride to the race, you can use my grill, you can use my shower. Ya just ain't sleeping in my king size pillowtop bed.
Wow, you Da MAN! I may take you up on some or all of these offers.