Quantcast

Sherando ride Jan. 6th

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Two route options, to be determined depending on who all shows up.

One is approx. 10 miles, the other 16mi.

Pace: Casual (Lot's of us are recovering from holiday laziness). There will be great places to re-group, no one will be left behind.

Route: Still some hunting on the big levels side, so we will start at Sherando. We will climb white rock to the parkway, then up to either Slacks overlook (option 1) or on up to Bald Mtn. (option 2). Bald Will put us on the upper section of Torrey until the intersection with Slacks. There are a couple hike a bike rock gardens, but nothing like doing the rest of Torrey Ridge. Slacks overlook will cut off the Torrey Ridge section and provide a more pleasant experience for less experienced riders.

Either route is super fun and I want people to know they can feel free to come along and let us know what they do and don't feel up to. This ride came to be as another person who had a rough trip to Sherando wanted to see some of the better riding it had to offer. If you've never hit White Rock trail and Slacks, this is a must and I can assure you that you will have fun.

I'm going up to ride these routes in a half hour to make sure everything is riding well and the trail is in good shape.

PM me if interested

jaekormtb

Chimp
Jan 29, 2002
South Korea & Virginia
What time, and exactly where are you meeting?? BTW, Saturday is the last day of hunting season for muzzleloaders, archery, and riffles on all game. I don't think we'll have too much to worry about.
Are you guys doing the ride with DH/heavy bikes?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
What time, and exactly where are you meeting?? BTW, Saturday is the last day of hunting season for muzzleloaders, archery, and riffles on all game. I don't think we'll have too much to worry about.
Are you guys doing the ride with DH/heavy bikes?
Dude, you should definitely come out. XC ride, I'll be on my hardtail. We are meeting at 9:30 at the Lyndhurst Post Office. I'll PM you my cell if you want to give me a call in the AM. It's going to be a sizable group with jncarpenter bringing up several people from Lynchburg. Also some fredricksburg people and lovingston people coming as well. We'll be climbing white rock to the parkway and then heading up to Bald mountain and dropping in on Torrey and back to slacks>white rock.